Side Tables

One of my best friends, Debbie is
retiring in June and moving away.
She will be about 2.5 hours away living
on the lake.

Marie, another friend has bought a 
lake house and Debbie will be renting 
the bottom 1/2 from her. Marie is having
the whole thing redo but first they have
to clean it out. Person there before left
stuff. While showing me pics I saw this
beauty. Debbie picked it up for me
a couple of weekends ago. 

Yep....I cleaned it up tonight and I 
will be redoing it. First thing
tomorrow before the heat sets
in I will sand it down. Thinking this 
one will get painted.

 

So if you were redoing this what
would you do?
It would require a lot of stripping 
hence the reason I plan to paint
but I think it will also require
some stencil once painted. 

Maybe something like this.





Speaking of tables look at this
one I saw on Pinterest!
Those are two wooden
magazine holders.

Great for limited space.


This is what the wooden holders
look like before becoming
a table!


This next little table would make
an awesome foot rest on a deck.


So this next table is made from 
and old bike tire rim.


And this one, well it looks
like they used the whole tire!


Back to limited space but
needing a end table use
a wooden stool.




I actually had a good day today,
felt like doing something so 
I cleaned off the deck and put
my furniture in place.
Morning coffee on the deck, 
long over due. 

While scrolling through Pinterest today
I spotted this...

Yep, sounds like something I would do.





Comments

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the table Pam! I love that idea from Pinterest with the stenciling. That table with all the bicycle gears is so perfect for the cyclist.
Those side tables are all really, really amazing!
Christine said…
I like that idea of a stool side table. Love that popcorn meme.
wisps of words said…
Glad you felt better and got stuff done. Hope you didn't over do.

Porch ready!!! Best news! Now you can enjoy it!

Yes, paint. Do they do "distressed paint" anymore? White-ish-grey.... A cute stencil after... But all depends on where you want to put this.

So happy about the porch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pilar said…
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better Pam! I look forward to see the finished result of the table. Happy Retirement to your best friend! Have a wonderful week!
Darla M Sands said…
Hurray for feeling better! ~hugs~ I hope you are well as can be today. My stupid anxiety is backing off as one minor crisis after another gets hurdled. Best wishes!
wisps of words said…
Re: Your comment on my blog...

"... had rain the creek was babbling...." Oh how delightful! I would so love, to be able to hear a babbling creek!

All we have is the bird bath fountain, which is lovely, but not like a realllllllllll body of water.

-happy sigh-
Sounds like a nice retirement plan she has. I do like the stencil example you showed. That would be so pretty. Lot's of great ideas!
It made me happy to read that you had a good day today :)

All the best Jan
Ann said…
I don't know what I would do with the table but I look forward to seeing what you go with.
I like the idea of using the stool for a side table.
Red Rose Alley said…
I like that table you are working on Pam, cause it looks sturdy. I can't wait to see what you do with it and what you use it for. Lots of possibilities!

~Sheri
Laurel Wood said…
The table is going to be great. I think painted with stencil is a great idea. Like many others, I like the idea of a narrow stool as an end/side table to save space.
Cathy Kennedy said…
Sandy,

I'm amazed by others' abilities to repurpose old furniture. I can't wait to see your redo! Great discoveries from Pinterest and I loved the Minion meme. That made me smile! ;)
Liz A. said…
Great ideas for a side table. As for your redo, I know I'm late to the party here, but maybe... paisley?

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom