RIP/ Selfies

Wanted to share with you a photo
I took at the wedding I photographed
on May 4th.

This is the Star Wars couple.
They came with swords which was 
fun in some of the shots. 


I worked this pic up for them.

Been a sad week.
We just seem to be losing 
a lot of the good ones.
Doris Day
age 97


Tim Conway was 85.


I also went to visitation for this
young man.
I know his mom but his grandfather
and I worked together in Printing and
were really good friends.


Such a shame. Candace (mom) is a strong
woman. She lost a son about 6 yrs ago
in a car accident and she lost Chris to 
murder. 
He lived with his dad and apparently
dad was drunk, they got in a fight 
and dad stabbed him in the heart. 
I can't grasp that.

RIP Doris, Tim and Chris.

Got all made up to go out
to dinner and hear Bluegrass 
music with Julie and James
(Tn Tiny Weddings).



Those wrinkles around the eyes
are getting deeper and deeper. 

Changed out my watermelon
toes for ART on the TOES.


I have never been a selfie person but
with the death of my friend Laura
in Oct and me trying to locate a pic
of her and I, then looking through pics
of mom for her funeral I decided that
there needed to be more pics of me 
for my kids to use. 

So forgive me for posting selfies....
but I did wish to 
share my fave one with you!





Comments

Ann said…
Oh my, that's heartbreaking about your friends son. So very very sad.
LOL on the selfie.
The photos looks fantastic! I didn't realize these two great passed away. That is a tragedy what happened to your friend's son. You have quite a talent painting your toe nails. You look beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend.
That sure is a lot of sad but the Star Wars couple is a smile maker.
Christine said…
Beautiful happy photo, I loved Doris Day, Que Sera Sera.
Anonymous said…
Lovely photo! Lots of fun!
Love your star wars wedding photograph and your selfies! You are so pretty! It is sad to lose such great entertainment people........but they did so wonderful while here on earth to bring us joy!
wisps of words said…
Oh yes! Those no-see-us Selfies, are great, aren't they??? -giggggles-

For me. Not for you. You look quite lovely, in your dolled-up-to-go-out Selfie!!!!
Darla M Sands said…
I cannot conceive of that mother's pain. How awful. I hope you're having a good day, pretty lady. ~hugs~ I hope Dakota and the crew are doing well.
Jeanie said…
How very sad, Chris' death. You look at Doris or Tim Conway -- they lived their lives fully. I hate seeing a life end before its time.
Rain said…
You look cute all dolled up Pam :) Tim Conway, sigh...I used to watch the Carol Burnett show religiously each week, such great comedians...
Rain said…
I clicked "Publish" too quickly...I'm really sad about that young man being murdered. Honestly Pam...here in Quebec it's very rare to read about things like that. Especially up here in the mountains, people die of accidents and naturally, but a murder just seems so shocking to me. Very sad.
CHERI said…
That is so very very sad about Chris. And especially for this mama who has now lost 2 children. We lost our daughter in 1986 and I can't even let myself think of losing another. I will pray for this mama. You make a great selfie but for whatever reason I make HORRIBLE ones! Of course, I hate most photos of me...for some reason I am horribly unphotogenic!!! I loved Doris Day....watched so many of her movies especially with Rock Hudson:) And Tim Conway was absolutely a riot. So sad to think of them gone, but thankfully films and videos have preserved their talents. Have a happier week!
I can't believe what Candace is living through. It is so sad and my prayers are with her and her family. ((HUGS))
I love your selfie!
Cathy Kennedy said…
Pam,

The wedding photograph is super cool and fun. The happy couple can look back on these with fond memories for sure doing the shoot. :) Yes, we lost two great entertainers last week. It's always sad but how horrible for your friend to lose a child at the hands of his drunk dad. Oh, good grief! No good ever comes from addiction. I wish people would never give room to such vices. While some are safe to have an occasional drink, others take it too far until it becomes a horrible habit. My cousin many years ago was responsible for the death of his young son. He had a drinking problem. The wife had to run errands one day, leaving the sleeping child in his daddy's care. One day, he fell asleep with a lit cigarette, the home caught fire. He had no clue that his son was in the house. Needless the say, the boy suffocated to death. It was such a horribly sad time as you can only imagine and it nearly broke my heart. Extending prayers to Candace and her family. Have a good week and thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Liz A. said…
Those are the kinds of selfies I like to take ;)

So sad about your friend's kid. Who brings a knife to a drunken fight?

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom