Drive Around Part 3 ~Churches and Small Town


I have a folder on my computer
titled BLOG.
When I run across things I 
like and might to blog about
I move it to that folder.

This is something I found
a while back!


Next time.....just
remember this!
HAHA

One of the ladies at the 
Easter get together took this
photo of all us together. 


On my drive around the other day
I found a couple of churches.

Cumberland Presbyterian Church
in Watertown TN.


I love these windows.





This next church is over 100
 yrs old. The preacher came
out and spoke to me so I asked.
I like a lot of the older churches
when they post a plaque with an
established date.
  

Jesus is the Answer 
Church. 


 Cute little white church.
Walkers Chapel 
Primative Baptist Church. 



I drove to a small town called
Alexandia TN.
Wanted to see what it was like
cause I found a couple of cute
homes listed as being there.
Yep....that is not happening.
Thinking it is smaller than I 
would care for. 




However Watertown, the town before
this is really cute. I have always liked
it. It is small but I think it is struggling
to become a artist like community.
I saw several signs in yards that
had a persons name and the 
titled~ 
Artist!

Matter of fact in 2009 I had a showing
in the one and only gallery that was
in town, that no longer exist. 



Comments

Betsy said…
Lovely churches. Pretty stained glass in Jesus is the Answer church. I like that.
I like your gallery sign - The Gallery of a Mad House Wife - Love that.
Nice painting you did of that yellow truck, I like that.
Cute sign! Perfect for a bathroom. The churches are so charming. Your art poster is gorgeous. It sounds like the town has been struggling for a long time to become an artist community. Towns need a lot of draws to make it happen like great eateries and shops.
Cute pictures Pam. Love the churches. Happy Memorial Day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Those are terrific pics but I'm still stuck on giggling at the thunder storm!
wisps of words said…
Group photos are great. Remember the event, and who was there!

Hope it's fun, to search out a nearby but different place to live.
Sally said…
Pam, I always love seeing what you find, but what you can do is simply amazing! Such talent!

xoxo
Sandee said…
Love your group photo. Happy faces.

I love small towns, but they can be too small. That's not good either.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. ♥
Christine said…
lovely architecture!
Liz A. said…
That looked like a bona fide main street.
NanaDiana said…
LOL- Rain and thunder, huh? Love all the architecture...small towns are so beautiful! xo Diana
Ann said…
LOL, that first one cracks me up.
You would hate living here if that town in the pictures is too small. Our downtown area is smaller than that
Jeanie said…
You've found some gorgeous churches here. Small towns have a good deal of charm when they're like these.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom