My Mom and Fam

This pic below was taken a few years
ago. Thomas Jefferson AKA TJ, AKA
Brat was sitting on his cage and
he flew over to sit on my moms shoulder.


Mom sitting on her screened 
in deck.


Taken about 3 yrs ago on 
Thanksgiving.
That would be mom, me with the 
Santa hat. My daughter Amber,
next to her is my oldest grandson Caleb.
the youngest one is Braden and then DJ.
Moms great grands.


Taken the same day.
We always tried to get pics of all
of us together on Thanksgiving 
or Christmas. However....this yr
mom did not remind me and we
forgot. I hate that so much.
In this pic is moms kids, grand babes
and great grands. Only one missing
is my son cause he lives in Calif.


I love this pic and will be 
framing it.
⇊⇊⇊


While mom was in the hospital in ICU 
and having a good I left early to run some
errands. I found this at Goodwill and it
was in perfect condition. Gave 3.99
for it and since mom had pulled through 
and everything was looking good I 
felt an angel was watching over
her. I got this for her. She never
saw it. I took it to her house and 
put out for her to have when she
got home.


Took a pic of a pic in mom's
annual. 



One of my besties and another friend,
had a beautiful throw sent to the 
funeral home for me to take home.




Beautiful.

When her kids were working and mom
was not she would help us
out by keeping our kids when they 
were sick.
She would put them in bed
with this bell.


That way she could go about her doings
and the child could ring the bell
when they needed something.
The day we brought mom home, her
wishes, my niece found the bell
and put it by moms hand. 
At that point she could not 
respond to things but she heard 
us. We told her the bell was there
for her.

I had 8 cousins come up from 
Georgia and my two beautiful
aunts and my uncle
(the last of mom's siblings).
My uncle, mom's brother in law.
All from Georgia. 
Two of my cousins had their
hubbies with them. 
My cousin Margaret wanted a pic
of me and my brothers. 
We clean up nicely anyway!



I have made out thank you cards to 
folks that sent flowers, throw and other
stuff that I know. Mark is doing for the 
ones he knows and the same for Ray.
I have to get the address for one woman
that sent beautiful roses, related
to mom somehow. Mom never met her
but mom shared family history with her
and she shared with mom.

The kind words, the amazing friends,
my awesome family have been the 
best support. Friends I grew up with, 
family that traveled, FB friends that never
met my mom, and my blogging friends have
have sent some great advice for getting 
through this and nice comforting words.
Thank you. 

I posted this on fb last night.
I feel lost but blessed in a lot of ways. 
People have left me with wise 
words like, "just breath 
(Lori McCall-Montgomery), "she will 
be with you" (several folks) and then
 I was handed a handkerchief 
to hold on to, ball up or run 
though my hands (Julie Tucker).
 I was held, hugged, and I even 
laughed. Friends I grew up 
with, newer friends in my life, 
and amazing family came together
 to pay respect to my mom, 
to show support to me and my family.
 I have sit here and looked at
 flowers that were delivered to the 
funeral home. A beautiful 
memory throw from Debbie Martin
 and Marie Morphis. Food
 from Bonita Shoemake Mofield and 
so many others. Moms fave songs 
were played and she 
looked so pretty. I love you all 
and I thank you all so much.

Now...my mom was
a very private person.
She never wanted to 
be talked about on FB
...oops....I only
done it cause I need an outlet
and I need to talk about you.
BUT....I have to tell you that
I was not the first to post 
about you on FB. I honored
your wishes and I did not
go there till Holly did it.
Blame HOLLY...haha...

I am trying to adjust, 
trying to function and 
trying to figure out
what to do, what I need
to heal...
Confused
Mad
Hurting...

Thanks for hanging with 
me bloggers and coming
to my blog leaving great
comments and while I 
was out with my mom.

 Pam



Comments

Such nice photos and a wonderful bunch of family and friends.
Darla M Sands said…
It's so healing to laugh at funerals, I think. ~big hugs~ That's a beautiful photo of you and your brothers. That made me smile, and the handkerchief is a lovely idea. Also, it was very sweet of you to leave so many comments on my blog posts during this difficult time. You're a lovely human being, my dear, and I'm thinking of you and your mother now every time I see or hear a cardinal outside my home. :) Blessings to you and yours.
Sandee said…
Moms are most precious. I sure miss my mom and we talked every single day. Sounds like you had a wonderful mom too. They are indeed priceless.

Big healing hugs, my friend. ♥

What a beautiful post with lovely photos of your mom. I am sure she is pleased and understands why you needed to vent on FB. Take your time to grieve. When I lost my mother 37 years ago I had a 10 month old and 3 year old. Now with my dad being 95 I worry so much about losing him. He is my best friend, we talk everyday.

Thank you for stopping over and commenting about my medical issues. Yes we do need to take the time to "Just Breathe!" ((Hugs))
wisps of words said…
You can do what makes you feel better. Non of this matters to her now. She is at peace.

Gentle hugs....
Ann Thompson said…
Wonderful photos and lots of good memories
Oh Pam, this is lovely post about your mom. It's so difficult to lose our mama. It's not something to get over, because I never have. Take care of heart as you honor her. Love you. ♥
Liz A. said…
It's good that you were all able to get together. Perhaps she didn't want photos at that last holiday.
Jeanie said…
The touches you did for your mom at the funeral were so perfect, so kind and so just for her. I love this post -- it tells so much of her.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom