Meter/Stairs/Plastic Container/Hair Day/Lantern Redo

Oh my...I love the out of the 
box thinking on this one!
That is an electric meter. 


Yep, I was on PINTEREST looking
for ideas on how to hide (with paint)
the ugly meter and eletric box on the side
of my house. Nope, it will not be this way!

Also been looking at stairs!
Not that I am going to do anything but
the I can dream. If you have a lot of 
room under your stairs this is an
awesome idea. I have wanted mine
open to make an inset like this but
have it hold my tv and have shelves
around it. 


Another idea.
My first thought on this one below
was, "where is the rail on that side"?
My balance would not do good on these
steps...OUCH!


Moving on. My projects these days
consist on what I can do sitting and 
don't take a lot of thought.
Justin, my friend Laura's son was
going to throw this out.
WHAT? OH NO WAY!
I did not take pic of before
( I am so bad about that) but this
big plastic container held a powdered
protein drink. 

I took it home, washed it and took the 
label off which left a sticky mess behind
but I figured it would.
So with handy scrapbook paper I keep 
on hand I did this.


And with a black sharpie and stencils
I did this.


(yep Lily was being nosey....her reg self)

This is exactly the thought I had for this container
when I saved it from the trash bin.
So I posted this on FB and tagged Justin.
Well Bonita (Bo) jumps on the tagged pic
and puts this comment ~
Bonita Shoemake Mofield You know what they say....someone else's trash is your treasure. 😊😊. You can rock some trash Pam Montgomery Jackson!
Thanks BO! Love that comment.

A week or so ago I posted a pic of the 
lantern I decorative for Christmas. I 
knew I could do better but I just threw
it together. So I decided to redo that 
lantern (that sets out all yr). With about
5 bucks I was able to pull this off.




Sheri ~ Red Rose Alley I think you will 
like this one better. Just took me sitting 
down, not rushing through it and using my 
creative mine.

It was hair day for Misfire Sunday.

Misfire does have a kind heart, she left 
Maybelline eat out of her bowl and she
backed off. I however gave Maybelline some
on the ground so Misfire could finish eating.


It was hair day for Misfire on Sunday.



Okay....next is year 7 for the 
Christmas card. This one however
was not painted. I had a really rough yr
that yr and I did not pick up a brush for
over a year. Just did not feel it and 
just could not give that part of myself. 
But....this is a shot taken of my tree.


You can also see two paintings from years
before in this pic.

Thanksgiving is here....well almost.
I have learned in the past 2.5 yrs that
time really flies being retired. I am sitting 
here trying to figure out where the time 
has gone. 

Store today....gotta pick up somethings
to prepare my part of 
Thanksgiving dinner.
My go to for these dinners is deviled
eggs. I am afraid that I would have
a few folks lost without them. My
two brothers and one nephew just love
them. I also take tea (thanks to Kroger I
don't make it anymore). I take
a gallon of unsweet and one of
sweet. Usually I take a sweet or last
yr I took bread. But this yr I am 
taking Rice Krispy Treats.
I went to purchase the items for 
this and had to decide on marshmellow
cream or marshmellows. The last
time (forver a go) I made these my kids
were young and I used the cream...it came
in a glass jar, now it comes in plastic!
Wonder when that changed?
Anyway, I went with marshmellows and thanks
to my friend T when I make these
adding the butter required I will
be adding brown butter. Have you 
ever baked with brown butter?
OH MY GOSH..it adds the most amazing
taste. You just brown your butter in 
a skillet. It is amazing. 

What are you making for Thanksgiving?
And while we are at it....what is 
your fave part of the meal, talking food.?

Check out silly Lily
https://pjack214.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-second-shadows.html



Comments

Christine said…
Happy US Thanksgiving! In Canada we celebrated around Oct 8th.
Jeanie said…
That meter is really cute and I'm with you on the stair rails.

Thanksgiving -- we're bringing bread (Rick) and pie (or something) me. I told Rick he had to make the pumpkin pie. I'm either going to buy a berry pie or make cranberry bars if it's OK with our hosts. For those of us who aren't pie fans. (Except berry, key lime and pecan!)

For me, it's all about the stuffing and/or the cranberry sauce!
Darla M Sands said…
Delightful post. Love Misfire's mane!
wisps of words said…
Dinner is next door, at son/family's house. They have kids and more room.

Turkey is cooked there.

My husband and son and "grands" and Girls Friends or Boy Friends and this year, grand daughter's college room mate,from Pakistan... They all come over Wed. early evening, and make the Stuffin'. It is all cooked, and goes in 'frig. In morning, when son's oven is heated and turkey is ready, the Stuffin' goes in turkey, and it cooks at son's house.

My husband also always makes "Newman's Creamed Potatoes". And I make an apple pie. Cheated this year and bought the pumpkin pie. The rest is done, at son's house. :-)
Sandee said…
I love both those stairs. That shelving is awesome.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the babes. ♥
Rhodesia said…
We do not celebrate Thanksgiving here so no plans. Those steps would not be good for my husband either, his PN has also affected his balance. He used to love cycling now he can't do it any more and any exercise is difficult. Take care Diane
Everything sure is pretty but the meter is so darn clever! Happy Thanksgiving a bit early!
Ann said…
Cool idea to cover the meter. I never would have thought of doing something like that.
I've always liked the idea of using the space underneath steps like they did in those pictures.
Misfire looks great with the new do! I like the cuckoo clock around the meter. I've looked at our's and wish I could do something to disguise it! I'm bringing a ham and a dessert to my nephew's for Thanksgiving. And now that you mentioned it I may bring deviled eggs as well. Have a great one. ♥
DeniseinVA said…
Clever ideas here. The brown butter idea sounds good too. Love Misfire’s braids. I love deviled eggs. Happy Thanksgiving Pam!
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh, your lantern is so pretty, Pam. The little stocking with white fur is cute, and the white flowers really stand out against the black lantern. And the red bow and berries add an extra touch. You did a great job putting this together, it looks terrific. Thanks for letting me know to come over and see it. Mine is still bare, and I have to think of what to do, but I am inspired by your creative one. Misfire looks so cute in her colorful braids. They kind of look like Christmas lights haha.

Happy Thanksgiving, Pam. I'm thankful for blog friends like you.

~Sheri
Liz A. said…
I'm not taking anything to Thanksgiving. I asked. I was told not to bring anything. So, I'm bringing a game. Because I roll like that ;)
Lovely post.
Happy Thanksgiving.

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom