Behind the Smile/Cakes and Cards


Sorry I keep posting this
stuff but I keep finding these
on FB and they are so spot on 
that I feel I want to share. 


Most people realize that if you 
have Fibro then you have pain.
I am not sure they realize that you
live with constant pain. It never leaves
you. You will have good days, better
days, and worse days. You will have
what I call my everyday pain then you 
have flares. These flares can last 
from one day to whenever. 
I had one that lasted a yr.
When I tell you I have a flare 
then you should know that 
that pain is pretty rough. 
It is more then the everyday pain.
Folks also don't realize that 
with this "crap" for 
a better world. You lose parts
of your life, you lose parts of
yourself. 

Things you once did is something 
that  you can't do anymore cause
the pain gets spurred on even more.

When my grands were younger and 
I could do more I used to make and
decorate their Bday cakes.
Caleb of course was around longer
while I was in better health so
he actually had more made for him.
I always said that one day
when I am gone they can
look back and remember the
coolest cakes their Nana made
special for them.
I can't do it anymore. 
I had to stop this years ago. 
I tell this stuff cause I want
to educate others on 
Fibro.

But....here is one that I did
for Braden, my youngest grand. 
His first bday cake, he just turned
8 in Sept. 






The grands I hope will always
carry those memories.

Another thing I do and can
still do is paint my
Christmas card.
I paint on flat canvas board,
8x10 and then I set it up on 
the computer in a card form,
I have 4x6 prints from Walgreens
printed and mail those babies off.
It is a special way I like
to show I wish everyone a 
Merry Christmas.

This is my first card
that I ever painted.
I think this is my 15th yr
to do that.


 Speaking of Christmas, that will
be here before we all know it...
Just reminding you...
I put my tree up...
  

HAHA....I sit here and have
been wanting to start decorating
but it just takes so much out
of me...what I used to do in 
no time at all, takes forever and 
I do less then I ever have. 

Have you been feeling the pull,
having the desire to put up
your Christmas stuff 
yet?







  





Comments

Ann said…
Oh that decorated "tree" is just too funny. No, I haven't had the desire to put up decorations yet. I won't ever put anything up before Thanksgiving.
Your first Christmas card is great. You are so good at painting. Cute birthday cake too
Jeanie said…
Pam, it's always good to be reminded that behind the smile there can be many clouds and pain. I hope yours is eased soon.

I love your painting! Only 15?! Wow!
Christine said…
Your card is beautiful! Dec 1st is around when my tree goes up.
That sure is a pretty cake!!!
Rhodesia said…
To a certain degree, I do understand. My husband has very bad PN and some days he can hardly walk, and other days it is bearable, but no, it also never goes away.

Christmas is so far from my mind at the moment, the thought of spending it in the UK is not something I want to dwell on but it has to be. FIL (97 y o) needs support with Alzheimers, and Nigel's sister who has been a star all year rightly needs a break over Christmas so she can go home to Australia.

Have a good week Diane
Red Rose Alley said…
I think this quote is really good for people suffering from any illness. So sorry you have this pain in your life, Pam. Braden's cake you made him is wonderful with all the festive colors. The first Christmas card you painted is so pretty with the trees and snow. I do wish you would keep painting - you have such a talent.

~Sheri
Darla M Sands said…
Bless your heart. I wish science would find a cure. Meeting with my friend today who was diagnosed with a type of arthritis around age four, it hurt my hurt to see his face twist in pain when he rose out of his chair. This was an example of his everyday pain, I am certain. Your grandchildren will remember your love, I have no doubt. ~hugs~ Take care, my dear.
Oh my mercy that painting is beautiful! I wish I could paint! Cute cake too. I have always waited till after Thanksgiving to put my tree up but I am not going too this year. If anyway possible it is going up with Thanksgiving. And my reasoning is I have so much going on that If I don't get started then I am afraid that will be all I do, is a tree and I love to decorate for Christmas. We do not have Thanksgiving at my house so very little Thanksgiving decor has been done this year. I did manage to get the fireplace and mantle decorated for Fall so that was a blessing. Mercy, it takes me all day to do what it used to take me 2 hours to do! Hope you have a good week lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Sandee said…
I love the cakes and the painting. Wow, you're most crafty.

I'm sorry you're in pain all the time. How awful.

Have a fabulous day and week. Hugs. ♥
Liz A. said…
Now that's a way to put up a Christmas tree! Good job! (Where did you get that meme? I need to steal that meme? Too funny.)
Pilar said…
Pam I'm so sorry that you have to go through this pain. Praying for you my friend. I love the cake you made, and that first card you painted is beautiful!
wisps of words said…
People know so little about Fibro. It is good, for you to educate, by way of your blog.

We all need to remember, that not every "pretty thing," we see, on blogs, is the whole life picture of the blogger.

So happy you can still paint. And how lovely they are.

Hugs....
wisps of words said…
I'm not decorating home, except for the Gnome we got.

But I have begun some, with my blog. :-)
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this pain, but I think it is good that you talk about it - others can learn so much from a shared experience.

I love the cake here.

We tend to put our decorations up the first weekend in December.

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom