All Around Post - of Course

HAHA...
Yikes for the TURKEY!
I usually go for the ham
anyway.


I know you all might
get tired of these next
type of post but I 
do it to educate folks.


Something folks don't understand
is that it steals so much from
you. I have fought for 12 yrs
to not let it grab me and hold 
onto me...
but it has gotten me.
You lose yourself to the pain.
A lot of things I used 
to do and I loved
doing are gone now. 
Just cleaning house is a
struggle. When I feel good I 
really try to get things done.
I will pull out paints and 
paint but then I don't feel
like putting them up.
They might sat there for
days before I get back to 
them. Yesterday I sat
and surfed the internet all
day yesterday, except when
the fatigue hit and I had 
to lay down, then I napped.
And when I had to get out 
and go feed at the barn.
Thank you all for being so
kind and understanding.

Now moving on....
haha, I saw these on Pinterest
yesterday, hoping to not offend 
anyone but this style is not for me!


Yesterday on the way to feed 
at the barn I saw this.


Then on the way home
I saw this.
I love when folks show
their personality in ways like
this! Makes me smile.


OH NO....
he is legal now.
18 and now has his drivers
license. 
How is it possible I have a grandson
that old and driving?
Don't answer that..haha


You can tell I flipped through this
book a lot.



Got some cool hints in it.
Here is one for you...
Way to kill household oders~
Put a few drops of wintergreen oil
on a cotton ball and place in each
room out of site.
Last for months.
Not sure what type of oil but
it says you can get it at 
the drug store.
Wonder if essential oils
will work. Going to try it.

While at the barn yesterday evening
I took a shot of this.
I made this about a yr ago for
Misfires stall. 

I added this to her door
yesterday.


RIP Roy Clark...
85 yrs old.
Met him once on the set 
of Hee Haw Honey's 
(a take off from Hew Haw).


So who knows what yr I am 
on in showing my
painted Christmas cards?

I remember!
Year 5.
Which reminds me, I have
my card painted but I have
not set it up in card form.
Requires a trip upstairs to 
one guest room and dig out
the desk top computer.....
need to get on that......
later......
today......
tomorrow.....
who knows!

One of my problems is that
while I sit....
I look around and not
only do I see things that 
need doing I see things
I want to change.

Over a year ago I saw this
on Pinterest.


My banister used to look
something like this.



Although the side furtherest away
on mine is a wall so no banister there.
And where they
have two steps going up before the 
wall takes over mine had 4.
So....yes, on a really good day 
I ripped out the banister.
Oh my gosh, that was fun!
And I put in this.



Which is my take on the first
pic I showed you.
I love it. It is full of mistakes
but unless you look hard you
don't see them. 
It was really my first attempt
at building. Its up there, 
its level and it has not fell 
yet so I am pleased.

When looking for a way 
to change my banister I 
surfed my fave place....
PINTEREST
and was amazed at the different
things you can do.
I actually love the 
craftsman style and thought
about doing this.

I like the block style. My top rail
was dark wood like this one above
and years ago I had painted the spindles 
going down in white like this one. 
But NO...I could not so something
as simple as blocking in my first 
part of it. I had to rip it all out!
Sometimes I bite off more than I 
should. 

Do you do that? Bite off more then
you should or can handle?
Do you see things in the home
you want to change and before
thinking jump in and start it?

Today, the temps are supposed to 
get up to 55 degrees and I hope to 
get out on the deck and do some cleaning
up and preparing it for winter. Lily
will be happy, been days since she has
been able to do the deck. 







Comments

Sally said…
I'm always amazed at you, Pam. You have so many talents, and work when you can; when not in the worst pain. You have my utmost respect.

xoxo
I sure hope you have a pain-free weekend!
Darla M Sands said…
To be honest, I wish you and my local friend 'Scars' and FB pal David Bridger (each with a different affliction and on opposite continents) could have a pain free *hour*.

~hugs~

It's out in the garden where I bite off too much. Like when I built a retaining wall we had to have replaced years later (my bricks were a bit too small for the job ). And the year I cut down our hedges only to learn that once the tops were gone there was no way to feasibly remove the stumps. ~sigh~ Those were pre-Internet eras, I must add. ~grin~ Take care, my dear.
wisps of words said…
Is there anything, not addicting, you can take for the constant pain...????????????

I'm way too old to rip into projects!!! -grin- When younger, I might get a huge urge, to do a huge clean up project. But never built anything. Your building is amazing!!!

Your *old* grandson. -chuckle- Our first grand daughter is 26, and an electrical engineer. But then, our oldest child, is 59!

See? It all depends on the view point! :-))))

⛄ ❄ ⛄ ❄ ⛄
R's Rue said…
Blessings for a pain free weekend.
Liz A. said…
I've more of the plan forever type. I think and think and think before I start anything. Plan. Sketch. Then it takes a while to get to it. Things rarely go according to plan, but I generally have a way of getting it done in a short allotted time.
Love the photograph of your grandson … may he have years of happy motoring.

Wishing you a good weekend ahead, with not too much pain.
My good wishes

All the best Jan
Sandee said…
I don't care for that curtain either. Just not my style. Love the staircase though.

Enjoyed the vehicle art. Some folks are most creative.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. I too hope it's pain free. ♥
JFM said…
You have my sympathy for the pain your flare up from Fibromyalgia is causing you.
I suffer from it, too. The loss of sleep from pain keeping me awake drains me to where I feel like a Zombie at times. My only medication is soaking in a hot bath, a baby aspirin and Arnica Gel.
I love the Gothic look or the Country Manor look. I usually decorate in earth tone colors. I don't care for modern furnishings and I am far from being a minimalist :)
I like your staircase very much.
You are very talented...being creative is a good thing!!!
Christine said…
Congrats to your grandson!
Ann said…
LOL, yes, I'm very happy that I am not a turkey this month.
As for curtains, I don't like those at all.
Congrats to your grandson on getting his license.
mamasmercantile said…
My husband suffers from RA and suffers terribly with pain when having a flare up, wishing you some pain free time. Loved your take on the stairs.
Rhodesia said…
Love your stairs you have done a great job. Hope you feel a little better very soon, take care Diane
I do love Pinterest!!
((Hugs)) I do not have fibromyalgia but I can relate. I have my stage 3 COPD which means my lungs work at on 50% yet no one can see that from the outside. Even my own family doesn't get it! I also have A-Fib of the heart which also can give you shortness of breath. I can't do the things I use to be able to do and it brings me down. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Rue said…
Bite off more than I can chew? HAHAHA... no, not me. <----- lies! lol

I admire the fact that you still get things done with the pain you have to deal with. So what if things don't get done right away. The only judge is yourself. I need to listen to my own advice sometimes ;)

xo,
rue

NanaDiana said…
God bless you for dealing with the fibro and doing what you can-when you can- as you can.
Yep- I have been known to rip something all apart on a whim, too. It's in my blood!
Love your shelves on the stairway. It looks great.
I hope you have a blessed, wonderful, pain-free Sunday- xo Diana
Rain said…
Just from reading your blog Pam, it doesn't seem like you let the fibro overtake you. I'm sure you are in lots of pain though, I don't doubt that at all, but your attitude is wonderful. Keep educating people! I love your shelf!! Yes, I bite off more than I can chew a LOT of the time!!
Pilar said…
Pam you're so brave to share your health issues with pain, and you're informing the community as well. Your stories are sure to give someone hope and inspiration. Each day may not always be easy, but you're a fighter! Wishing you pain free days!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom