Fatigue to Pumpkins

Evening folks...
morning or afternoon 
depending on when you find
yourself reading my blog
today!

Happy you all stopped in.

So...those that have been
following me know my
adventures with 
Fibromyalgia. 
You are always so good
to check in and ask how
I am doing.
I am doing pretty good
right now. 
Wanted to share that since
you usually just hear of the 
bad days! 

However I did want to share this.



All true...this is all true.
The last one, suddenly need to lay 
down. Let me explain that 
one. Pain is a major issue,
but fatigue is right
there along side of the pain.
When I say fatigue I 
am not talking being 
tired and if you never
really experienced fatigue 
you know what I mean.
It is draining, it feels like
all the engery in you 
has been sucked out of you.
When it hits, all I can do
is lay down.

Yesterday, mixing horse poo
to my flower bed, stooping 
down, all of a sudden,
fatigue hit.
All I could do was sit back.
Kept telling myself I needed
to get up and go in but I
did not have the energy to
do even that. I sat there
about 15 mins before I could
get up and go in. 
So you face fatigue but 
you know how a lot of meds
make  you tired...
yep fibro meds do that so
you put the two together and 
it makes for daily struggles.

Now...with that behind us 
check this out...
I asked on another 
blog if you liked painted
furniture. 

 

When I was
younger, and my brother being
a craftman of wood, I thought
painting was horrible to
do to good wood.
I still think that if the wood
is beautiful but there
are some pieces of
furniture that need some
love!

You know I love art..
I love crafts...
I have tried my hands
a lot of things but
carving pumpkins is 
just not one of them.
My talents do not come into
play there...

But I found this on
fb. Cool I think.

Do you carve your pumpkins?
Show me your style if
you carved one. 



Comments

MadSnapper said…
I carved 2 punmpkins way back when my in there 50's now kids were small. after that we did the plastic kind. mother carved one every year and baked with what was in it. she put a candle in hers and sat on the porch. I liked it and liked the bakery goods but not the carving. that dresser is really pretty and I like it a lot, but my OCD side could not live with it in the room. that is scary about the sudden need to lay down, could happen anywhere any time..
Christine said…
I love that pumpkin!
I hope you get some rest and feel more energetic soon. We always love seeing your beautiful finds.
Betsy said…
I always carved pumpkins with the children, but none like the one shown. Would love to try though.
I love the looks of the dresser and a hotel in Colonial Beach Va. has painted dressers in each of the rooms of water scenes or waterfowl. Not sure I could live with it day in and day out.

My sister suffers with Fibromyalgia and I wonder sometimes if it's my problem with the increased pain I have at times in my leg muscles and neck.
I hope you are having a great Sunday and a dry one as it looks like rain again here.
Betsy
Darla M Sands said…
That dresser is very cool, I must admit. Fatigue stinks. I only experienced it during bouts of depression. My idea of a cure was quitting the work week, to which hubby agreed as long as I got off the depression and anxiety meds. It worked! I'm so lucky.
Sandee said…
I can only imagine what you go through with your illness. I know you have great days, good days, so so days and horrible days.

I'm with you on painting fine wood. No. There are some wood that needs all the help it can get. Go for it then.

That pumpkin is awesome. I can't carve a pumpkin either. Gave that up years ago when my son was no longer interested in doing a pumpkin.

Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to your babes. ♥
Liz A. said…
Nope, not a pumpkin carver. I appreciate good work, though.

Do you find fatigue to be a bit like walking through water? Like, suddenly the world is an ocean, and you're just trying to move through it? Your body is too heavy, even though it's the same body that was fine just a day ago. But everything is just heavy. And you just don't have the energy to fight it.
Ann said…
I haven't carved a pumpkin in a long time. I like the one in the picture.
The grandchildren love pumpkin carving … with the help of their Dad.
Love your pumpkin.

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom