HOME and B&W Pics

Good morning...it is a fantastic feeling
73 degrees out on the deck
with my sweet furbabes.
Yesterday evening a couple
hours before the sun set it was 
78! So uncalled for in 
HUMID
TN and esp in mid July.
But hey, I will gladly take it!

Remember this shelving
area I threw together 
without effort
much effort,
I meant that I worked 
on right at my stairway where you
have the regular normal rail?

Well when you come in the 
front door you see the stairs to 
the left and living room to the 
right of this unit.


Before heading to Cailf. it was telling me it
needed something and I found letters
(did I mention I love letters?).
They were a finsihed off set of 
letters in the craft section of Walmart.
Total of 97 cents each and all
I needed for what I thought to do
was 4 letters.

I needed to put something on the 
back to hang them with so 
they got put aside for a bit, at
least till my return and 
BAM
here they are hanging.


They came in this off white
color, rustic looking and 
I did not have to do anything
but hang them.


Have you figured it out yet?
I always have my eyes peeled
for what I think will look
great in my house.

Anyway, over visiting Theresa
the other day when I got her
home from the hospital and 
mom calls, I walk off into the bedroom
so that my conversation does
not bother T and her sister.

Whlle talking to mom I am taking
cell phone pics too...
killing two birds with one 
stone so to speak.

Here is an old doll that was
T's growing up.


Looked over to see lavender 
on a coke bottle...
A B&W version of 
this jumped into my head.


On the wall a mirror that belonged
to T's mom. 
An antigue like T and me!
HAHA


I think I was in a slump 
of a sorts that I did not see and
my trip to Calif opened my 
eyes to somethings again.
B&W photography, something 
that somehow at some given time
just fell out of my 
mind and thoughts.

Hard to know when that happened
or why but my trip, being away, 
being in the mts of Calif. opened
up my eyes again.
I am seeing not only in color
again but in B&W when 
I go to shoot something.

Took this at Debbie's house
yesterday when I met her
to go to the movies.



This at the Mill. A local mill turned
shopping area.


And T's backyard. 



Speaking on the Mill, I have a friend
that has a shop there where you 
rent booths. She had this amazing
piece that she posted on FB while
I was on vacation and I just
fell in love.
When I got home she still had
it. She was asking $65
but let me have for $50.




Let me also mention that 2 yrs ago her
hubby is the one that did 
the screening in of my deck.

My kitchen is one of those
things on the list of redoing 
however I need to finish upstairs
before working on the kitchen.
With that said...
I can't decide if this will be 
painted or left blue.
I had thought out doing the
kitchen in a light blue, removing the 
green wall paper and appling a form
of shiplap on the bottom secion of
the wall....
But I am stuggling with that
right now cause I have several 
red pieces I want to put in the 
kitchen also....

Gotta think on all that!

I love running across stuff like
this and sharing to see what you
think..



OH ME....I love them all.
I love the farmhouse but when I think
farmhouse I think of gardens and
farm animals....and then the thought
of WAY TO MUCH WORK
pops into my head!

The beach, which I love I think I 
would tire of due to lack of
GREEN.
The pulls me to the lake house
but then the Mt House calls to me
too. 
Lets just say I think I could be
happy in any of them esp if
someone wanted to give me one!
HAHA
And there was things to photograph 
and walls to hang it all on!

One last thing today~
T lives in a zero lot line
house like mine. She is about
7 mins down the road from me.
Unlike mine, where I own my side
and my neighbor owns hers, T has
rental next to her.
And when that happens you 
can end up with a mess.
Yards not being kept up, junk
outside and then the 
decorating aspect of the home
next to you...haha....
I own and my neighbors have
to live with that side of me.
However I think I do mine
in a cute whimsical way!
This is the fencing in the backyard
next door....
which gave me an idea.
I might have mentioned that I 
wanted to paint the back of 
my shed...problem being the only
way I would enjoy it is to
walk out back behind it.
But I have an idea and these
flowers just yelled at me.


HAHA...I am thinking and when 
I do that it can take a while to 
get around to going from thinking
to doing....but I see background flowers
like this, a fencing painting in front of 
them only so far up and at the end an open
gate where a black version of
a dog and cat will be painted looking into
the gate...
or maybe I should do that on 
the side of my home!
I have the greatest blank canvas on 
the side of my house!

Tomorrow I will share for you
how I feel being all 
all meds.
Stay tuned, same channel
blog and varying times!


Comments

We love the HOME on the shelving. Hey, I would pick the lake house or the farm house. Maybe a need a farm house on a lake!
I like the word HOME placement. Your shelving is very pretty. I am the same way about choosing which place, they all have advantages.
Christine said…
Lake house for me! Lovely photos and ideas today Pam.
Sandee said…
I love the piece you got for $50. What a great find and it's beautiful in your kitchen.

I'll take the lake house. I've a boat so there has to be water near by.

Have a fabulous day and week, my friend. Scritches to the babies. ♥
Liz A. said…
What kind of red do you want in your kitchen? That'll tell you whether or not to paint.

You can have green in a beach house. Presumably, you'll have some sort of yard or fenced in area, even if it's small. Container garden. (I've been near enough to houses near the water to know that most owners put some plant life around them.)
MadSnapper said…
oh how I long for 73 degrees, last 3 nights, at 8 pm it was still 90 degrees, at 3 am still 83.. I have hated July/aug/sept my whole life, in GA and Here in FL... still a few more weeks until I can breather. I usually do not covet the things you buy, but that corner shelf is perfect for my kitchen corner. it is exactly the size I need and have needed for 29 years... it is a skinny corner and when I measured a normal size corner cabinet NOPE... waiting to see the new idea for your blank canvas
Sally said…
Well, Pam, you never cease to amaze me. Not only your thoughts, but the creativity! I also love b&w pics; sometimes they look better than in color. :)

xoxo
I love your new shelf. I'd be inclined to leave it blue, but that's one of my favorite colors. And I love all of the black and white pictures. I think I'd have to pick the beach house. I just love the beach!
Ann Thompson said…
Those letters look great on the side of the shelves.i like the corner piece in your kitchen too.
I would take any one of those houses. Maybe one for each season
Lisa said…
I love corner shelving, and that little one is so unique.

I love the ocean, so a beach house would be for me! Not a East coast sandy beach though. I'm from Northern CA and live in Southern OR now, so I'm used to cold rockier beaches. I love the tidepools, not the swimming! We don't swim at our beaches!

Temperature in the 70s? Heavenly! We've been 90s and 100s for a few weeks, with forest fire smoke filling the valley (Rogue), and the air is "hazardous," keeping us in as much as we can be.
Darla M Sands said…
The timing might be off since you're interested in B&W photography now, but I just read that "Birds and Blooms" magazine is starting its yearly photo contest regarding, you guessed it, birds and/or blooms. Seemed right to tell you. ~grin~ Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.birdsandblooms.com/contests-promotions/, as I can totally see you earning a nice cash prize. Be well!
Jeanie said…
It's cooling off here too and a little rain -- sorely needed. Your shelf is terrific and well placed and I really do love your black and whites. Looking good!
Rhodesia said…
Love the Mountain hOuse, just perfect. With all the things you have in your house I am wondering how much dust you get :-) I hate dusting!!! Take care Diane
Pilar said…
Lovely decor Pam!
Wow!
What a chock-a-block post … full of lovely things and photographs.
I think I will choose the Lake house!

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom