Cups and Saucers and Magnets

Yesterday I shared my $2.99 buy with you
from Goodwill. 


I love the dainty purple flowers, the fact there
were no chips....just beautiful. 

Then I got to wondering just what I could
do with such a beautiful piece. 
That is when I came up with the cool
pin cushions in cups. 
Here are a few more cool things that
can be done with cups and saucers.

I like being able to feed the birds out
of such pretty pieces however I fear
drilling into pieces like this.
I do have a glass drill bit that I picked
up several years ago for this purpose
only to never have used it yet.


I really like this design for making 
a bird feeder out of cups and saucers, 
but there again, it would require drilling.
The beaded hanger is really a neat added
addition as well as the prism on the bottom.


This is another cool way of making a feeder
out of those items, my issue with this
is when it rains, that is a lot of
cup to fill with water and it would be a 
mess if there was still seed in there.


But this is adorable!
A candle holder or sconce 
with the cup and saucer attached 
to it.


Now here is a neat simple idea.


I made one of those above feeders
about 10 yrs ago.
It hangs in the Crepe Myrtle bush
right in front of the deck.
Mine needs a good cleaning.


But check out the cool pattern I used.

But there are a couple more things 
you can do with a pretty cup and 
saucer.

The traditional candle in a cup.


Or a candle in a cup on a
candle holder stand.


Several years ago I made a 
few of these below.
  

If not using that as a candle holder 
you can always use it for serving 
cup cakes or if the saucer is big enough
you could serve cookies on it.


Party time...
check this out. You could always pile
small cookies or such in the cups
and around them.
This could also be used with candles
placed in it.



I love this below.


Now moving on to something I have 
managed to do. Been moving slow the 
last two days so I just threw these
together while sitting on the deck.

Flat glass pieces normally used in vases
and with flowers.
Scrapbook paper 
and 
magnets!




The one below is Yoda - Star Wars.
Made this for Cory, my son.


And then there is the 4th of July.


Trying to sit on the deck after dark last
night but had to come in, 
Dakota was freak'n out. He hates
fireworks. Lily on the other hand could
care less!

What are you plans for the 4th?
It will be here soon.


Comments

Those bird feeders are just so darn cool, bravo!
Rhodesia said…
We will be away for the 4th, though it is only your celebration, not ours! We will be minus WiFi too I think for that week, we will be with friends some distance from anywhere further South In France. 1 to 8 July we will be out of contact I think
Love all these ideas very clever, but I agree rain in the cup with seed is not a good idea!
Have a good week Diane
Christine said…
The chandelier caught my eye.
Pilar said…
Cute cups and saucers!
MadSnapper said…
no plans for the 4th, but since the YMCA is closed we need to find another way to exercise.
all of these are good ideas, waiting to see what you do with yours. I like the one that has beads for the hanger, but as a decoration maybe inside, to hold a candle, not a bird feeder. I am glad to see there are so many ways to up cycle these pretty cups no one wants to keep for tea or coffee
Sandee said…
I love all those bird feeders, but I'm with you, I'd be afraid of ruining the cup. I've never seen these kinds of feeders before. Beautiful.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the babies. ♥
Ann Thompson said…
So many fun things to do with the teacups. I've made those magnets before. I sold the at the craft show
Amazing things what can be done with tea cup.
Coffee is on
NanaDiana said…
Those are all really great ideas, Pam. Love all those teacups...they are just so lovely, aren't they? My daughter-in-law made those magnets when she and my son were getting married. When they sent the wedding announcement/invitation she included it so the person could post the announcement on their fridge (or wherever) so that people would remember the date. I still have mine!
Have a great week-xo Diana
Karen said…
I love the cup and saucer ideas. I have lots of teacups and no place to display them. And I do like to jazz up my garden with stuff.
Betty said…
So many great ideas to use cups. I think I may have to find some cups and make a few of them. Love your blog.
Those are all great teacup and saucers ideas that you shared. I love the pretty magnets too.
Thanks for all of your visits to my blog and sweet comments.
Have a lovely week.
Julie
I think the bird feeders always look nice - but somehow I always use my cups and saucers for a nice cup of tea!

All the best Jan
Red Rose Alley said…
These are great ideas, Pam. I love that purple tea cup and saucer you got from Good Will. And the one with the pearls is so pretty. I've always wanted to make a candle tea cup. You always inspire me to create, Pam.

~Sheri
Jeanie said…
Some wonderful ideas here. I'd be afraid to drill into the china too.
Liz A. said…
Your cup and saucer are too pretty to drill holes in for bird feeders. Save that for the ugly cups. I do like the candle holder idea, however.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom