Crosses, Star Wars, Titles and Fibro

This shall be an all around blog post today...
course you are used to that from me!
Yesterday was a produced day as far as
errands and getting somethings done, but not 
crafting....since I had to adult and do 
something that needed doing.

But for now I will let you guess where 
I am!



Came out this morning to the sound of 
a slow gentle pitter patter of rain hitting
the tin roof. 
THEN all of a sudden a down pour!
Dakota was curled up next to me on 
the glider cause he hates that sound!
We are now back to the gentle sound..
and I am enjoying my 2nd cup of 
coffee.


My trip to Calif is coming up 
fast but not fast enough I need 
to see my son. 
In the mean time while 
surfing PINTEREST I 
saw this.
Cory my be a man of 30 but he
loves his Star Wars, and Britney
as agreed to a room of Star Wars.
Guess what I need to get busy doing.



Talking about painting I have a party
that will be coming up in August. If
Julie continues to have folks that 
wish to come then it might
have to be 2 parties.

She wanted to do a cross. Keeping in 
mind that most folks have
never painted I had to pick 
something easy.
Here are the four I went with.





I am thinking of just letting the folks
pick which one they wish to do that
night. Some can do one while others
do another. I am going to cut out a 
template for the cross to make life
easier for the them. 

I am a member of a couple of 
crafting sites on FB. On one a woman 
asked for some suggestions on what to do
with 4x4 tiles pieces, besides making coasters.

I found these ideas on PINTEREST
also.

I really like this one.
Mod Podge  some scrap book 
paper on them, like doing coasters
but then hang them.


  But then I saw this....
oh my gosh, I love this!
Reading up on how to drill a hole
in title I learned I need a masonry drill
bit. Not a problem, Lowes is just down the 
street.  I would drill the hole first.
  


Cover with scrapbook paper then poke
through the paper to make the hold and apply
the hands. You can pay more for the same thing
at Hobby Lobby but I find the clock 
motor and hands at Wally World for $4.97.
A plate stand and you are set to go
when the time is right...
(haha, get that pun?)

Here are a couple more ideas for 4x4
tile pieces.



Coasters. I have made these with pics
I have taken. For Theresa who is a 
photographer, I borrowed pics from her
FB page and made here some.
You just have to coat them several times
with Mod Podge.


Cute idea for out in the yard.



If interested in doing this keep in mind
that if you have a 
 Habitat for Humanity
you can get these tiles for nothing 
pretty much. I gave 10 cents each for 
the last ones I got. 

HAHA....speaking of which I have some
in a box in the back end of my car
that my sis in law gave me. 
What to do....oh what to do with
them!!?????

Yesterday the humidity was really low here
in Nashville and with that I was able
to get somethings done. Usually on 
days I have to do errands and stuff I 
wait till after 5. If I have to go to the bank
or something I have to go earlier but most
times for other stuff I wait till it is not
so hot. Yesterday however was GREAT!
I left the house went and dropped some
plastic bags off at Krogers bag recycling bin.
To CVS to pick up some Nail and Hair vit. 
stuff.  To the bank,
To recycle, my bin was running over.
To Hobby Lobby since I have a request for
a tic tac toe log board for my 
friend Debbie. To Lowes, I was looking for
something to make a table top with for 
out in the yard but while I was there it
hit me that I had a really good, perfect size
cabinet door! YAY....From there I headed to 
the Food Bank to drop off some can goods 
I took out of the pantry, beans that I know longer
can handle since my surgery. From there to the 
local police station to turn myself in....
oops, no that is not right, to drop of 
unused meds of mine and moms. 
To Dollar General, Wally World and then
HOME! 
Shortly after that T and I met for 
dinner. Before heading to Fla. we found 
a cool little pizza place (hole in the wall)
that I never paid attention to before.
HAHA...and it has been there about 7 yrs. 
Oh my gosh....best Calzones!
Then I came home and did NOTHING!

I have learned that it is not so much
the heat as it is the humidity that wipes
me out with the Fibro. I was able to go 
yesterday but days before I was having to 
go in off the deck early in the morn and still
have no energy. It don't matter either if you 
are in air condition or not, the body knows 
when it is hot outside. 

Course this is how I feel when I look
at the inside of my house...



I become so overwhelmed that I just 
NAP!

Do you have days like that?
How about recycling, do you recycle.
What and how?




Comments

Darla M Sands said…
So glad you had a day of low humidity. It saps me too. Always has for as long as I can remember. For our June '97 honeymoon we visited Key West. Mistake. I loved it, especially the Hemingway House and aquarium, but could hardly eat and would crash every afternoon. At least the nights were still fun. ~wink~ And I lost weight! Right now, I'd better go write before the police start looking for *me*. ~grin~ I adore your sense of humor, fellow Feb babe. Take care!
Sandee said…
You are so crafty. I would love to be able to do these kinds of things. I don't have a crafty bone in my body.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Beautiful artsy things today! I hope you have a cooler and enjoyable weekend!
MadSnapper said…
yes, we recycle glass, cardboard and aluminum cans, city comes an picks it all up once a week. the painting I would like to paint is the coffee cup. I really like that. I have friends that go to these painting parties but I have never gone because they are evening and I don't like going out at night, I wish they would have a morning or afternoon. that is a long list you did, no wonder you needed a nap. I am headed to my bed for read/nap now
Love reading your all around blog posts, it never ceases to amaze me the details and info you get into each post. Always a good read, thank you.

I do agree with you. it's the humidity that is so tiring … not only for you and others with Fibro but for all of us.

Enjoy the remainder of Thursday

All the best Jan
Ann said…
I like all your cross painting options. Then for the tiles I absolutely love the idea of the clock. I think I actually have some tiles left over from whe my kitchen floor was done.
Liz A. said…
Yeah, humidity... We don't get very humid here, but when we do, oh, you should hear the whines...

That was quite the busy day.
I love all of those paintings and crafts. :)
Thanks so much for the lovely visit to my blog and reading about my bathroom redo process.
Hope you have a nice day.
Julie
You have had some really busy days, Pam! All of your craft ideas are very clever. Maybe you'll show us the crosses your students make. It's been so humid that it's been really difficult to work in the garden if I don't go out early. Have a nice evening. ♥
Christine said…
We have to recycle in Toronto, we sort our compostables, paper and plastic, and actual garbage.
Debbie said…
oooooh boy, that was a lot!! by the time i get here, i forget what i am going to say!!

i sure do know about missing sons, i miss both of mine!!

you are very clever and creative, i always enjoy reading about what you are up to!!!

we recycle, the norms, paper, bottles, plastic, cardboard but i am not good at repurposing things like you are!!!
Rhodesia said…
You are so full of ideas, why do you always surprise me, I should know by now :-)
Love that last saying - perfect. My husband had just repaired his 'handmade' clock. The thing finally gave up working after many years and lots of travelling with us. It is a puzzle stuck on a board, the new clock was a bit more expensive than yours as we had to order from Amazon. When I remember I will take a photo of it for you. Have a good weekend Diane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom