Animal Around My Life

HAHA....
I have been tagged with this
pic so many times in the last
couple of yrs on FB.
People know me too well.

 I know that if you have been following
me for a bit here in Blogland you
have met the barn kitties.

I named them cause I got tired
of calling them kitty.

This is Princess.
She is the one with the amazingly
green eyes.


She was probably last one to trust
me but she did come around and 
she is usually the first to meow
for attention when I go to feed at night.

This is Tigress.
The smallest of the 3 siblings.
I figure she was probably the runt.
She is also my fave.


Then there is the only male.
Socks.
The other night when Jeanna went 
to feed she called me. Socks was in 
a bad way. It looked like something
had gotten to him. She said his
face and eye was a mess and he was
screaming in pain. Before she could even
get a good look he was gone.

I went out yesterday in search of him
and did not locate him. I guess he
want off some place to die. 

Here is a pick of the 3 of the siblings
together. It amazes me how they
can come from the same litter
and be so different. 

That is Tigress on the move. The light
gray is Princess and Socks is the
dark one with the white face. I only
hope he did not suffer to badly.


There is one more cat at the barn. This one
just showed up one day. It is part Tortie.
Not sure if its a male or
female. Recently she/he/whatever has
been looking rough. Patches of
open sores and it is losing hair like
mad. I am going to catch this one
today and take it in to be looked at.

It breaks my heart when something happens
to this critters. Esp. if something was
to happen to the two girls. It will kill me.
If I did not have Dakota and I could afford
vet bills I would bring the two girls 
home with me.

This is Scout.
Scout is a  sweetheart.
He came over with "his brother".
No relation they just belong to 
the same man, Mr. Eddie. 
His brother, FedEx is the one that
did so much pain to my foot a
few months ago when he decided to
step on it....and continue to stand
there, while whipping his big ass 
butt around and knocking me flat
on my back....while still standing on 
my foot. Luckly I did not break
an ankle. Anyway, Fed is a sweetie also
and he meant no harm.

Scout has had his issues. First I went to 
feed a few months back and in glancing up
into the pasture I noticed we were short
a horse. I found Scout had tried to jump 
a portion of fence and getting his front
legs caught in the barwire. Not a biggie
he just had to be cut out. 
He was fine though. 

Yesterday I went to bring them in and 
feed only to find that Scout was
without a halter and his fly mask. 
I was not aware that he had to have 
the mask on till today. He tends to 
develope eye infections in the summer
and he can't be out without the mask.

FedEx is a pro at getting up in the trees
and pulling his halter off so I assume
Scout took lesson's from him. 
Anyway, Tim let them out this morn
and he is going back into the pasture
today to locate said items. Scout however
had to remain in the stall. 

We have another horse that seems
to be an issue. See the brown one
next to the barn?
That is Roxy. Roxy is new to the
group and has had issues since
day one.
She had to be seperated from 
the others cause she had a fungus
of the skin. She was treated for that.

Then just the other day when Tim and Jeanna
were at the barn feeding they
noticed her ear was barely
hanging on. Not sure if
another horse kicked her or she 
got caught up in barwire. But the vet,
not being a surgeon sewed it back on 
and right now we are waiting
to see if she is able
to keep the ear. Her and 
Stormy (owned by Brenda) 
are seperated from the others till
the ear heals. 

Seems to be one thing after another
lately but on the flip side,
Misfire, my baby girl is looking 
great. She carries enough weight,
she has lost the winter coat and she
looks healthy as ever.

We have a total of 7 horses, 3 pigs,
down to 4 cats and a mess of wild
turkey that come for feeding time.
Not to mention the deer that wander
in and out of the pasture, the coyotes
and now it appears the bobcats. 

And life goes on.
What critters do you have in your life?
jump over and check out Dakota and 
Lily on their blog at...
http://pjack214.blogspot.com/


Comments

Sandee said…
We don't have any critters at the moment. We had Little Bit, but she went to the bridge and hubby says no more. Too hard to lose them. I agree. They are most precious though.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Such wonderful looking critters. I'm so sorry to hear about dear Socks, that's way too sad.
Liz A. said…
So sad about Socks. It's dangerous out there.
That's so funny about the picture, and that you get tagged in it. I get tagged in the crazy cat lady ones. So sorry about Socks.
Jeanna said…
It's a good thing the kitties have a place to stay, like a hostel for cats. I don't think I could resist bringing the sisters home, this is why I don't volunteer at the shelter, can you imagine?
Christine said…
no critters here have to enjoy yours!
Jeanie said…
I wish you could take them all home -- they are so dear. Or send them to me. (Lizzie would HATE that!) Wonderful photos, cats and horses. But I'm so sorry about Socks. That makes me feel terribly sad.
Ann said…
The only critter here is Gibbs. We usually have a rabbit or two living under our shed but I haven't spotted any this year.
MadSnapper said…
I do hope socks has died and is not out there suffering. that is a lot going on with the horses and nothing I would want to deal with. I always wanted horses but now know I would not have done well with them. dogs are my thing and I am happy with that... it is really hard in Florida to have any pets or critters outside... sounds like TN is also
Darla M Sands said…
So sorry about these sometimes awful issues. ~hugs~ I blogged about our silly cat Jezebel today. Meanwhile, the even older Tilly seems well with her thyroid medication twice a day. Haven't lost any more kuhli loaches in my two aquariums but I moved one last night from the 29 to the 10 gallon tank. The little critter was swimming erratically with another that escaped my net. I wanted to see if behavior will change in the smaller tank containing older kuhlis. Are you sorry you asked? ~grin~ Be well!
Rain said…
Hi Pam :)) xx
Oh no...I'm sorry about Socks...that is so disheartening...and the horses! Sad that they have to be separated, but it's necessary for them to heal I guess...I always see them as dogs, pack animals that need and want to be with others...you're so sweet to visit them and give them so much love and care. I feel the same way...I wish I had gazillions of money to take care of every animal I encounter!!
Rhodesia said…
I so miss having no animals around. I am glad that I have your blog to read and I can imagine they are all around me :-) Have a great weekend, Diane
Red Rose Alley said…
Yes, I can comment here! I've been having trouble commenting on certain blogs lately. But I'm so glad I can still comment on yours. That is such a nice picture of the horse, Pam. I'm sorry to hear the news about Socks. I wonder if you'll ever find him?

It rained today, but summer is on its way; I can feel it coming.

~Sheri
I love all your animals and wish them all the very best. I grew up on a farm in the UK so was surrounded by animals as a child. We kids always had loads of pets, including ponies, rabbits, cats, dogs, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs etc at various times. We even had a hare called Uggles for a while. He was one of a litter rescued from the jaws of a combine harvester by my brother. His siblings got big and we let them back into the wild. Uggles didn't want to go at first and stayed with us until he was fully grown and the call of the wild got too much.
You have such sweet companions, Pam. Never a dull moment, I'm sure.
Amalia
xo
No critters here ...in fact thinking about close family the only members who have a pet are the grandchildren and it's a tortoise!
Nice to see the photographs of your critters.

All the best Jan
Beautiful babies! I only have two kitties at the moment, and one is a feral and still real skiddish. Would love to have another pig, and some goats and chickens and a dog but all that will have to wait till I retire because I am so short on time and animals need attention that I wouldn't be able to give. So for now I will just love on my sweet Kylie, and Dakota.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom