Wedding Stuff

Darla this post is for you....
on your comment about getting
so much done. I did have a lot
better day then the day before.

Found this on PINTEREST~
Amber and I discussed having
folks sign something like this
instead of a guest book.
...

So I decided I could make this for
Amber and Will's wedding.

I started with two pieces of board
cut the same lenght and 
put together with brackets on the back
to hold them together. 

I did not like the straight edge
of the boards.


So I took my Dremel and sanded
the edges to round them off.


I then stained the sides just like the 
top.

I waited  for that to dry and then
I traced a heart from a 
jello pan shaped like a heart.


Once that was done....I painted
it with my craft paints.
  

I then stenciled Amber and Will's
name and the date of the 
wedding in the heart.

Amber has two white paint
pens for the folks 
to sign with.


 On to the next project...
I picked these wooden
hearts up at Hobby Lobby
but I was not going to leave
them red... 

They were painted the same
off white color as the
heart on the signing board. 

Then I stenciled Mr and Mrs
on the hearts. Attached them with
hot glue to a pair of chop sticks
that I painted brown.


The two end jars will have brown rocks.
and candles in them and the 
center jar will have some of Amber's
flowers in them.

The word love came from the Hobby also.
I stained it also. 


These items will decorate the bride
and groom table.

One more project for the day and 
I am done. I had to pull out
the saw, drill, stain and screws.

The cake stand.


When was the last time you pulled out
a saw and built something?
















Comments

MadSnapper said…
that is an easy answer, i have never touched a saw in my life, have never built anything at all and never will. i can't measure and cut two pieces the same, or sew a straight line. i am always in awe of the things you do because i know i never could. love the hearts and jars and love and the signing board to....
Rain said…
You're so creative Pam, I love those projects. :) I think the last time I pulled out the saw was last spring when I built my screened-in porch. It was so much work, but so rewarding!
Sandee said…
You are most talented. Very nicely done.

I've never used a saw in my life. I don't intend to start now. I don't know how and I'm too old to be playing with dangerous things.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Liz A. said…
Every day you feel like you got nothing done, pull out one of these posts and remind yourself that you don't have to get lots done every day. You got lots done this day. You are entitled to a day of rest.

I've never used a saw. I think I'd like to have a workshop where I could do such things. But mostly, I keep to the fiber arts.
Christine said…
you are amazing, so handy.
Rhodesia said…
You are amazing, you have great imagination as well. The only time I use a saw is in the garden!! Happy weekend Diane
Sally said…
If I used a saw, you can be assured I'd cut my arm off.

I'm beginning to believe there is not one thing you can do, Pam! The wedding will be awesome! Xoxox
Darla M Sands said…
A post dedicated to me?! You made my night, my friend. If ever I plan to meet another blogger, you're high on my wish list. And that's amazing work. I do pick up power tools occasionally. They see most use in the garden, though, pruning, unless I'm prepping to paint. Hope you are feeling well!
Ann said…
Everything looks great. I've used a saw but not much. I'm not real good with one unless it's a quick short cut.
Jeanie said…
This wedding will be so personal and so beautiful. I love all the special touches.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom