All About This and That Blog Today

Morning everyone....

Sitting here on my couch with one
furbabe curled up next to me and 
under the cover. The other one on the floor
stretched out soaking up the sunrays coming
in the window. 
I will let you guess which is which!

I love this saying but
I love the bike too...

Something you might not know about
me is I love motorcycles.
My plan was to purchase one once
I paid off my Malibu.
That was a few years ago before
life, Fibro and retirment 
worked its way into my life!
haha...

No way I could hold a motor 
up these days.


Course I failed to mention that 
I would also need to learn
to ride one! 

Isn't this quilt amazing!

A woman my SIL knows lost her hubby and
asked my SIL to make a quilt 
with some of his shirts and pants.
Lori did not realize that shirts were
Tshirts and pants were sweat pants....
not really the best material for making
quilts but like a self taugh pro that she 
is my SIL managed it.
Taking in the hubby's love for deer 
Lori turned this out. 
The outside border does consist of
some jeans that Lori worked in there.
Didn't she do an amazing job?

The other day I was looking
through my jewelry box....
I keep lots of things in the drawers
on the box, and of course  I 
don't have much jewelry's in them....
haha

I ran across these and decided that
I needed to do something with them.
So I cut a piece of ribbon and attached
these pins to it to display.

These pins were my dads. He was a 
member of the VFW and on his
hat he attached these pins. I really
don't think they had a meaning he just
liked them and I guess to be different
he wanted his hat decorative. Maybe
that is where I got the "different"
part in my blood from. 



The other day I was folding laundry and
cleaning in my bedroom so I carried
the turntable my daughter got me
upstairs to listen to albums while 
cleaning. I keep said albums in an 
old album holder in the bottom of
 my closet. Look what I ran across.
(Darla are you seeing this? MUSIC....
and not mine)...
When my daughter was about 10
she loved Cyndi Lauper!


Here is from my collection Darla!
One of my ALL TIME FAVS.
Saw this group in the 80s!


 RIP 
Stephen Hawking.
Stephen left this world yesterday at
the age of 76. 

(photo from the internet).

Yesterday I spent the day laying around.
I have been going strong for days but the
day before yesterday I think took its toll on 
me. I got up and took the car in for 
new tires. Left it there and mom
picked me up for me to go clean
on her house. 
I dusted and vac'd her den.
I vac'd the stairs.
Dusted, vac'd and mopped the living
room, and dining room.
Vac'd and mopped the kitchen. 
All before noon....most days I don't
move till noon!
😏

Later I and purchased pet supplies.
Two bags of 40 lbs horse feed.
Six can's of dog food and cat treats.
Oh...yes, I did manage feed for me too....
two bags of bagles!
haha

I was shot! I know that don't sound like a lot
esp when I used to clean a 4 bedroom, 3 bath home
from top to bottom in 4 hours...
LIFE
sometimes it is just not fair.

So yesterday I laid around. Last night 
I was in bed by 8 and I slept to 8
this morning.
Not sure if I just got hot or if I 
was running a fever cause I woke
in a total sweat!
Who knows. 
I have to move it today though
cause I have things I need
to finish making for the wedding.
Wish me luck....





Comments

Sandee said…
I got tired reading all the things your were doing. You did find some really cool things though. I always enjoy finding treasures I'd forgotten I had.

Hubby and I loved motorcycles too. We had to quit though. Our bodies were not liking those bikes anymore.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
MadSnapper said…
I used to keep my house spotless and clean everyday to keep it that way and when needed I could clean the whole house from top to bottom in one morning. The word is used to. I love the pins and that's a great way to display them. My husband says if I die first the first thing he's going to do after the funeral is go buy a motorcycle because I won't let him have one. Keep in mind he's 81
Debbie said…
i also got tired reading all you had done. i am no longer able to do much in a day...a lot of what i do, i do sitting!!

i really loved the quilt, what a great idea and a real treasure for loved ones left behind!!!
Rain said…
You used to clean the house in 4 hours??? Took me 10 days lol...ha ha. Your dad's pins are really cute! And what a lovely quilt! I love when items are re-used, I'm trying to do the same lately, re-use as much as possible! The idea is sweet too, I love deer as well. Hope you're feeling good today Pam! I'm still wiped out, but getting my mojo back! :)
Pilar said…
Cyndi Lauper is a great artist! Love her songs!
Sally said…
I was on the back of a bike once, and once was enough. :)

That's so nice of you to clean at your mom's, Pam.

The quilt is beautiful, so creative. Lots of that running in your family!

xoxo
Liz A. said…
Actually, that does sound like a lot. It would wipe me out.

As for the motorcycle... I can't tell you how many times I've heard this story. At least three times. Anyway, it goes like this: Got a new motorcycle. Took it out. Within a week or so of getting, had an accident and broke arm. (It was always an arm.)

Anyway, I think you're lucky for not getting one ;)
Ann Thompson said…
That quilt is great. Your SIL did a great job
Christine said…
The quilt is lovely.
Rhodesia said…
That quilt is amazing. I left all our record collection in South Africa, how I regret it now!! Take it easy and try to have a restful day. Diane
Darla M Sands said…
Music! How sweet you thought of me. I'm so sorry you never got your motorcycle. ~hugs~ And I hope you're better today. I hope your loved ones don't ask too much of you, either. I swear you do more many days than I accomplish in two or three. ~grin~ You'll laugh when you read about my morning so far, on that note. Ha! That's an amazing quilt. I thought it striking before reading the story. Be well, my dear. And best of luck. You can do it!
Love the quilt.
Seeing the Dr Hook LP bought back memories ... thank you.

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom