This and That Again Today

Morning and Happy
Sunday.

You know that something like
this would really catch my eye.
How different is this?


haha....
guessing my marriage was
not true love since
I did throw a knife at my
ex once upon a time!



WHAT?
Yep, I did.
He dodged it. 

Thursday was amazing here in 
Nashville.
70 degrees with amazing sun.
I posted in the blog that day that 
the furbabes got a manicure.
I clipped their nails...

I also got into the SPRING type
feeling and painted my toenails. 
I don't wear polish in the winter, 
I sort of let them breathe during the 
winter. 



I am pushing SPRING I guess...
cause I actually shaved my
legs (haha....they needed it)
and I put on shorts!



How do you like my socks?


Nope, I do not wear socks with shorts
but I had to go feed at the barn and 
I was not going to wear flip flops, I wore
my high top boots....hence the socks.
And I must have pushed for SPRING
to much that day cause the next day 
we were down over 30 degrees!
Back to long pants!

Yesterday I had a really nice
visit with my daughter, future 
SIL and future grandson.

They brought me this for my
bday,





I wanted it to be able to get light
so I hung it in the wire basket
over the kitchen sink.  I just removed
the plant I had in there.

It will look amazing on a table on 
my deck this summer.

My visit was great.
I cooked some chicken and 
fries.
We talked furbabes and
we ended the day talking
wedding plans.

I made a list of things I will
be doing...
the cake being one!

Oh...I forgot to tell you guys,
I have a small amount of
talent with decorating cakes.
Very small. 
I do not work with fondant...
all icing!

If you folks think I am good at
crafting with repurposing things
then you would love what
my brother does. 

When I run across something I 
think he will like I send it 
to him in an email. 
I sent this one last night.
He has a couple of wagons laying around,
he is better with a saw than me and I figured
he would like this. 


One year ago right about now I 
was having gastric bypass
surgery.
I ounce between 67 to 70
lbs down. 

I would like to take it down
another 20 lbs but I am having
issues backing off the sugar.
Made the comment the other
night about the 20 lbs and 
my brother got all over me 
telling me I was fine where 
I am now!
I just want to touch on the
weight I was when 
I graduated high school...

Hoping you have a great day!





Comments

MadSnapper said…
only you know where you need to be, people, even strangers, tell me i don't need to lose any more. we know our bodies best, i say do what feels best for you. that is what i am going to do. love the violets, i tried them once in my window sill, they did not live a month. lol. we have been having perfect weather, but the weather guys said in a few days we will have record breaking heat OH NO....
Sandee said…
The birthday plant is beautiful.

I love your socks. They aren't boring like mine.

I want to see the cake when you're done with it. Just saying.

I weighed 110 when I graduated high school. I don't think I'd look very good at 110 anymore.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. ♥
Ann Thompson said…
That door in the first picture is pretty cool. Nice birthday present
Rain said…
Hi Pam :) Your blog post is so cute...when I was single I didn't bother to shave at all, but I don't think I had the man-hair like in the photo you found lol...I do love the pj's you have on in your pedi photo! And that door is amazing...very German Expressionist!!! :)

I laughed at your knife comment hee hee hee! :)

The flowers are lovely! :) I managed to lose 97 pounds from 2007 to 2010 that I'd gained on anxiety meds. My goal weight was 125...the weight I was in my early 20's...well, I'm closer to 140 now and I'm okay with that! More of me to love lol! ;)
Liz A. said…
Love that door. You should see all the fun things sock knitters make. Have you gone into the odd sock thing? That's where you wear mismatched socks. They're not completely mismatched, though. Similar in style, but not exactly the same.
Christine said…
That's a funky door, and cute toenails!
Rhodesia said…
Love that door it is really great, so unusual. I would love to get back to the weight that I was when 21 but although I am not that much over, about 11 lbs or 5 kg, it will not come off no matter what I do :-( Guess it is old age spread!!!! Take care, Diane
Darla M Sands said…
I agree with you brother. ~hugs~ Back in 1997 SO begged me to put a few pounds back on. ~grin~ Ah, memories. I hope you feel well today. That violet reminds me of my maternal grandmother. Their house had a big screened-in porch and she lined one wall with these plants. I got to help take care of them. She would gently remind me not to pet the fuzzy leaves and gave me a 'sensitive' plant to play with. Have you even seen one? I don't know why you can't buy them today (though I don't visit greenhouses) but they were cool. Touching some of the tiny lobed leaves would cause that entire little branch to fold up and drop down out of harm's way. Thanks for invoking fond memories!
Sally said…
I agree with your brother, Pam. You look awesome!

That door? Really? LOL

The weather has been so different, I think for everyone. It's pretty here today. :)

xoxo
LOL Pam! I am with ya on shaving my legs. I hate it! I have been feeling that "come to me and get a pedi". Haven't made it yet but plan too this week. WOW, that is one strange and cool door! Hope you have a great week. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
NanaDiana said…
Imagine coming home to the door if you were drinking! lol..Crazy!!!

I took off a lot of weight about 20 years ago and kept most of it off. Bit by bit it has crept back up a little so I have around 30 pounds to lose now....sigh. YOU alone know what is right for you and what other people think/say really doesn't mean much.

Hope you have a great week! xo Diana
Red Rose Alley said…
That would be so hard to get down to the weight you were in high school (I know it would be hard for me haha). That door picture is too funny, Pam. Your toe nails look nice and groomed - love the color. And the plant your family gave you is a thoughtful gift. I always enjoy your "this and that" posts. They are actually my favorite to read. : )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom