Things Seen Through My Eyes Lately

I have a thing for cool
mailboxes...
I have an album on my FB page
with some cool ones I have found
while just being out and about.

This is one however that I pulled from 
the internet.
I love it!


And good morning to those
who are sharing their
coffee with me at the same
time I am having mine.


So bottoms up!


I have a few blogger friends that
follow me on FB so you 
will have seen some of these
pics already.

I snapped this at Goodwill
when I was in there the other
day...

Now, in my younger day it was 
cool to wear heels, but even in my
younger day I had back issues
so they never got this
HIGH!


I would fall off and break something.
Do you wear heels this high?

But when I saw this I have to
say my mouth dropped open.


One comment on FB was these
are weapon and someone
else refered to it as a weapon
to do damage to a man! haha

Yesterday while stalls were being 
cleaned horses were put up
in the holding area.

This is the beautiful 
Fed Ex.
Amazing young man.
He was born in 2003 so 
he is 15.



This is Scout.
Another beauty for sure.
Scout is a nervous sort of 
guy and he has had some
probelms adjusting to 
his new home.
He is 7 and has been at
the same barn all his life
till this move.
But...I have been going in the stall
with him and I have left
him sniff my hands, arms and
head...oh and face. 
He is getting better and 
settling down some.

Part of the problem we had with 
both Fed Ex and Scout is
that they had never
had an encounter with 
a pig!


Bringing them in from the pasture 
was chore since they had to walk
past the pig stall.
Maybe not seeing them but
smelling them for sure.
Although pigs really don't smell...
but like all animals they
have their own scent. 

Anyway, they would start breathing
really hard, cutting their eyes here
and there...but like I said,
they are getting better.

 By the way, in the pic above is
Arnold - pink pig
and Lenny the darker one.

It is a rainy cool morning on the 
porch. Dakota and I 
went out with Lily for 
my coffee this morning.
We had a visit from this 
guy. 
A Downy Male Woodpecker.


Cell pic on that one so after the
second visit I went in and got
my BIG camera. 
He never came back!
Well of course...that is the way
it all goes.

Most my pics on here are cell
pics cause I just always
seem to have that with me.

Feeding at the barn the other
day I had my shadow with 
me....Tigeress.
Not sure how she balances
on that door....but she has it down.

If I did not have my hands full with 
a dog, cat and horse I would 
take this babe home. 


As always I really am glad you
stop in to check on things.
Please jump over and check out
the furbabes.
http://pjack214.blogspot.com/2018/02/bird-watching-and-napping.html

Have a great day,
😜


  






Comments

Sandee said…
I'm having my coffee with you this morning. I'm also having my breakfast. It's all good.

I love it when you talk about all your babies. Being raised on a farm I'm so aware of your schedule.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches and love to all your babies. ♥
Rhodesia said…
Bottoms up that was a great cup of coffee :-)

I have a soft spot for pigs they are generally such friendly creatures.

Great set of photos, and yes I love the bike mail box but I am surprised nobody has stolen it!! Take care Diane
Christine said…
I take pics with my cell phone for the same reason, very handy. Nice post today.
MadSnapper said…
such beautiful horses, and i love he pigs to.. in fact everything on that farm i would love except the feather friends
Ann Thompson said…
I've never worn very high heels. Those silver shoes are seriously ugly...lol those point toes are awful
Rain said…
In that movie Single White Female...I think one of the characters DID kill a man with one such shoe lol...and it wadn't perty lol! :) The animals pics are so nice! I'll have a coffee right now with you! :)
Sally said…
Well, needless to say I'm slightly late for coffee. :)

Yes, I wore high heels back in the day! But, those that are so pointed? Oh heck no. It was bad enough with a slight pointed toe. You know, sometimes I miss those days, but like you said if I tried to now I'd drop like a rock. LOL

xoxo
I've never worn really high heels and certainly not now! I feel like Minnie Mouse when I wear heels--teetering etc.--not a good look.
Your downy woodpecker photo is lovely. You know I love birds. I understand about going for the big camera. They know and take off! ♥
Liz A. said…
Perhaps the horses need to spend some time around the pigs. I'm sure they'll make nice once they meet. Although, I don't know pigs or horses. They could hate each other.

Never been a fan of heels. I don't think I'd survive those shoes. (But, on the bright side, I doubt they make them in my size.)
Darla M Sands said…
All I could think upon seeing that mailbox is that it would be a pain in the rear to mow around. ~grin~ Hurray for the horses settling down! I've never feared them, but if they get spooked it must feel a little frightening seeing their size in relation to ours. Stay safe! And yes, I used to wear stiletto high heels, going so far as to run through school halls and dance the night away in them. Ah, the days. ~shakes head~ Now there is a wicked pair of boots in the closet that need to go to charity. I wore a much lower heeled pair to a bar mitzvah and was in agony that night from all the standing.
Debbie said…
i love the mailbox, i also like bikes that hold flowers displayed on peoples front lawn!!!

i have never worn high heels, never, not ever. i can't seem to balance on them and i don't like being up in the nose bleed section!!
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, love that coffee quote.....and gotta have my coffee too! Aren't those shoes something else? I can't wear skinny heels any more, and I usually don't wear too high of heels at all. Those horses are beauties. I guess they have to get used to being around the pigs. : )

~Sheri

ps.....Jess missed a post this week cause real busy over the weekend, but I think
she will put one up on Monday. I miss blogging, but it's been nice to take a break from posting, and I still come around and visit my favorite blogs, like yours. : )
What a lovely mailbox. Mine mostly has bills so I'm not that fond of it... :-)
Amalia
xo
Rain said…
Hey Pam, just wanted to let you know...I've been doing the orange aromatherapy each night before bed, and my dreams are still pretty vivid, though I've only had one nightmare this week...maybe it's working? I'm going to keep it up. If nothing else, it really relaxes me! :) Thanks for that suggestion!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom