Thanksgiving

What a wonderful day. 
Family ~ mine
Family~ Lori's. 
Food~ LOTS.

On the way to my brothers home
I turned down his road and near the 
church was a mess of wild 
turkey, a woman in an SUV pulled
over so her small child could see them.
I pulled up next to her and asked
her to roll down the window...
I then told her that it was too
late to kill and cook one of 
those birds....and I headed on my
way!

Here are the deviled eggs I made.
I make these every year, both my
brothers, nephew and my oldest 
grandson loves them. 
Check out the cranberry salad on the 
left in the white bowl.
Never had it but I loved it.
Thanks for sharing to Lori's sister.
It consist of fresh cranberries, oranges,
apples, walnuts and sugar.


Have you ever noticed that sugar goes
into just about every dish on 
Thanksgiving?


Food spread out on the island. 
That is it for pics. I usually take my camera
and we do family pics but with the passing of
Lori's mom I felt that her family would
not feel like it. 

You saw my eggs.
Here is my sweet potato casserole about
to go in the over this morn.

Sugar goes in this also...haha

We had SWEETS all over the place.
I also made a cake to take.


Found this cake a couple months ago..
LOVE it.
It is simple but taste amazing.

Yellow cake mix.



15 ounces of pumpkin.
I used pumpkin pie mix since it
has the spices in it. 


Mix the pumpkin with the cake mix.


Pour in the cake pan or bundt cake 
pan and 
bake.


While that is baking you mix
powdered sugar
(more sugar)


and it calls for apple cider but 
I used mango peach juice, and 
pumpkin pie spices...


Mix up this glaze and once the 
cake has cooled, pour the glaze
over the cake.



Oh my gosh....
YUMMY
and 
MOIST.
On top of SIMPLE.

I also took some Rosemary bread I 
made the other day.




And a gallon of sweet and a gallon 
on unsweet tea. 

We had a total of 19 people today.
Not the largest turn out we have had 
at Thanksgiving before but a great 
turn out anyway.

It was a day of feeding...
first I fed my face,
went home and fed my fur babes,
to the barn to feed Misfire, Lily (horse), 
Black Magic and Stormy (I feed all 
two nights a week), then to Theresa's
house to fed and check on Punky since
T is in Kentucky with her family. 
I am so tired now!
Food overload......

Eva you were missed today but
you were in our thoughts and 
our hearts.



Thank you all for stopping by, and I 
hope you had a wonderful day also.

Jump on over and see some
adorable pics of Lily at

http://pjack214.blogspot.com/2017/11/silly-little-lily.html



Comments

Ann said…
Sounds like a wonderful day. With all that food I think I would have exploded from over eating...lol
MadSnapper said…
my southern cooking mother put sugar in everything, just like all of this. I can say I ate no sugar at all yesterday. I did eat two yeast rolls and they turn into sugar and may have had a touch in it. looks like all your dishes were fantastic. my friend in Atlanta made that cranberry salad you mentioned. she made it for herself because none of her family will eat it, she said she would take it home and eat on it all week all by herself. I had never heard of it and now here it is on your post
Sally said…
I'm glad you shared with us, Pam. Your food looks delicious! We had a very nice day also with lots of goodies. :)

xoxo
Darla M Sands said…
How nice that you got to share with the family. I'm sure your presence soothed some of the grief. "More sugar" - made me laugh. Hope you're not too sore or exhausted today with all the activity!
Rain said…
Hi Pam :) The food looks really yummy! I'm glad you had a nice day, so sorry about Eva. I love the bundt cake! :)
Liz A. said…
No, we don't put sugar in everything. Sounds like you had a great day.
Jeanie said…
I'm such a sucker for deviled eggs! And that bundt cake looks fabulous.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom