Lids to Stairs


I love this saying.

I hope I am able to give these feelings to
others..

I pulled plastic lids out from 
under the sink where I always stored
them. I had a lot of lids, containers
and I needed to match all
this mess.


This is what I had no container
match for. 
It's been years since I did a match up.


This is what I kept.


My stairs.
About 10 years ago I ripped
the carpet up on my stairs.
I wanted to stain them but they were
not really that great, it was builder
grade wood.


I covered them with peel and stick 
wood looking flooring. 
But over the years as you pushed
off one step to go up the other the
tile started to slip off.

So I ripped it up but the glue on the 
stairs was not going to be easy
to get up so...

I decided to cover it with a 
thin piece of plywood.


Then I am going to stain that and
put a carpet runner going up.
Dakota could use the carpet 
when going up the stairs.


Sometimes I tend to forget that
I need before pics...
I did not take any before pics of
the spindles I took down.
But here is  a pic below of them
gone and the rail still standing.

Then the rail was taken down.


Here is a pic of the stairs covered and the rail gone.



What I wanted to do.


This is how it is looking so
far. 


Been working on this for a couple
of weeks now but I had some 
really rough days between the 
fibro and then sinus crap that
put me down. 

Right now I am back at it.
Will update once it is all done.

Thanks for stopping in, 


























Comments

Darla M Sands said…
So sorry for the fibro flare up. ~hugs~ Your energy and industriousness never cease to amaze me.
MadSnapper said…
I don't have fibro but if I did all the work required to do all this, I would have a flare up and not be able to move. just looking at the sawing of the wood and the bending and stooping has my back and legs hurting... the stairs will look really good when done. you go girl
Rhodesia said…
You are such a handy person, it seems you can anything. If it was not for the fibro I suspect you would be at it all day. Take care Diane
Pilar said…
I hope that you're feeling better Pam! I have sinus issues too! Which is no fun! The end result of the stairs looks so nice!
Rain said…
I love how you take on your projects Pam! :) The stairs will look amazing, I can't wait to see how it all goes. Oh gosh, the lids...I need to do the same. Last night I put some stew in the last of the bigger tupperware and noticed I have double the lids but no more containers lol...Fibro sucks...I'm sorry you have to go through that.
Debbie said…
wow, that looks like a huge undertaking/a lot of work!!

i like the quote too, i almost forgot about it!!!
likeschocolate said…
Your stairs are gorgeous and I have to do that every once in a while with my lids and containers otherwise it gets crazy.
Ann said…
You amaze me with all the things you do. That's going to look really nice.
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh, I can't wait to see your steps when they're finished. It looks like a lot of work, but they will look great after. You have so much energy, Pam. I absolutely love that first picture with the quote. : )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom