Christmas is Coming

And am thoughts are...
what to do about Lily
and a tree!

Haha....actually, I'm not that
worried. But I saw this and
had to laugh!



Yesterday I met mom at Wally World....
to pick out her Christmas gift!
HAHA...
yep, you don't buy mom anything until
it is given the ok. 

Took this in the garden area.
Christmas is moving up 
FAST!


I am a Star War Fan....
but not anything like my son.
I saw the very first Star War movie
at the drive in (yes, that was when they
were popular) when I was 17!
Oh my gosh, it just hit, that 40 yrs ago. 
Anyway, another comes out Dec. 15, 2017.
I will wait till the crowds die down and while
others work to go see this. I have NO problems
going to the movie alone. That is the 
breaks of being retired early in 
life while your friends still work.

Yoda....one of my favs.
Christmas Merry Say You!


Baked two loaves of Rosemary bread
yesterday. One to take to my 
brothers and one for my friend
Theresa to take to Kentucky for 
her family get together. 


So funny, this was planned a week ago but
yesterday her sister asked was I sending
some of my bread to her on fb. 
I was not sure if T told her or not
so I said NO!
Told T to tell her I sent it to all of them!

I was surfing my blog last night looking
for a pic of Eva and I with her husband 
George and found some other stuff.

Years ago when I worked customer
service and printing estimator for the 
state of TN printing division I found 
an adorable sand box at the dollar store.

It actually started out in a small bowl, and this
powder (not really sand) that looked
like white bath powder. I changed the 
powder out for sand and I had it sitting
on my desk at work. 
It was actually a Zen Garden with 
rocks and racks.
But it grew to be much more.

When I moved from printing to 
photo services I broke the bowl 
so a trip to Dollar General I found a
cute bowl basket set. 

My customers loved my Zen Garden.
I had them play in it just moving 
sand around but I had one that 
made a sign that said, "beware of 
raptor", and made raptor tracks in the 
sand. 
So....from there on it got decorated 
for holidays, events, vacations, etc. 

Here it is for July 4th.


My cruise in 2006.


HAHA....at the TBI I had the statue of Liberty in 
there (niece Holly brought to me from NY)!
The way my desk was it was hard to have
it out for others to enjoy but one
day I come in and I have a paper
cat in there. I knew my agent Angela
put it in there since she loved cats.
Notice the 
Tootise Roll in there?
wet and rolled in the sand!
So sad...haha



And of course Christmas.


I have more pics of this sandbox 
around but I would have to go
to the desktop to locate.
If I find the time today I will 
look for them.

It was all in fun.
Like the time Phil (photog bud)
poured a bottle of water in there
to see how long it took to dry out.
Or....when he played with the small
remote control jeep that my boss brought
back from a trip for the sandbox.
There were just three of us in the
office but both guys were always
picking up things for the box when
they went out of town.

Thanks for stopping in, 

Hop on over and check out the pose
for Dakota and Lily at
http://pjack214.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-pose.html



Comments

MadSnapper said…
my favorite sandbox is the santa on the beach.. what a cute idea and I am impressed you still have all the photos of all the times it was decorated..
Jeanie said…
My best tree tip for cats, from one who has had her tree knocked down more than once.

If you have a tree stand with three legs, buy three large boxes or containers of cat litter - the kind you use all the time. Do not open the box. Set up your tree and put one box/container of cat litter on each leg. Cover up with something you don't want damaged (I personally recommend a piece of gingham fabric from the fabric store or if you have an animal that might think outside the box, a gingham plastic tablecloth (which you will soon cover with presents so no one will know.)

Tip 2 -- put non-breakables on the bottom layer -- felt, wood, resin, cloth. It's OK if they dangle if your tree is well anchored. But nothing too fragile within striking distance.

Tip 3 -- beware of twinkle lights. Some cats find them fun to chase. Others, no big deal, just think about it.

Good luck!
Rhodesia said…
Fun post, take care Diane
Liz A. said…
That sandbox is so much fun. But don't leave one around now for Lily...
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh, that rosemary bread looks delicious. I can eat just plain bread and butter for dinner. : ) Your sandbox pictures are cute decorated for the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving, Pam. I hope your day is wonderful.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom