Yesterdays Doings

Weather was amazing yesterday, 
a tad cloudy but perfect at 70 degrees
with no rain, no humidity. 

I was able to get the stool out
and seal the painting on it.
I am funny about using certain things
cause if you are not careful, what you 
apply will turn the painting yellow.
I decided spraying on a sealer was the best.
I got about 5 coats on it. 


One project done and finished.

Had a discussion on FB with 
Darla at 
darlamsands.blogspot.com
about making holes in your cabinets..
If you have solid wood cabinets,
new cabinets I can understand not wanting
to put holes in them. Me on the other 
hand have builder grade cabinets
that I painted years ago. 
Putting holes in them is not an 
issue for me esp if it makes my
life easier.

I was tired of digging in the cabinet
for measuring cups. I have 3 sets. 
So a few weeks ago I decided I 
needed to hang them.


The 3rd set is stacked in the cabinet....I
ran out of doors that was the best
 to hang them
on. 

This got hung years ago due to the
fact it kept getting lost in the 
cabinet and since I am not really
an apple person (got this for Caleb) 
I had to hang it cause I would never
remember where I put it with the time
span that goes by between use. 

Went to the store last week. 
I picked up some granola bars for
a treat. Only after I emptied the bags 
I did not remember seeing it.
I figured it just did not make it when 
things were bagged. 
I just sort let it go.....
about 4 days later I found it,




in the freezer!

Was invited by my older brother to come
out for dinner yesterday. 
We had BBQ, baked beans, fried taters
and pecan pie. 
YUMMY.

Ray has been doing some arranging of things
since he is partially retired (again)!
He is also a great photographer so he
has been printing pics he has taken and 
framing them. 

The pic on the shelf below is one he took 
at a military cemetery. The flag in 
the case was the one that draped my
dad's coffin and the flag on the 
shutter is one I painted for Ray 
last yr. 
I love what he has done up there
on that ledge/shelf.


From reading my post and cause I am so
open about it, you know I suffer from
a chronic illness and 
this is how I feel lots of 
days.


But with that said, I have tried to 
do a few things that
have not required a lot of thought,
strength, or moving around.....
So I took a pair of curtains I have had
for years and cut the ruffle off of 
one panel. 



and took my denim jacket that I picked
up at Goodwill for 5.99.


Mom is still not finished with hemming 
of her curtains so I have not moved
the sewing machine to my house yet.
I was not able to actually finish the 
project but I do have it all pinned up 
waiting till I have the machine at my place.

So here it is....
curtain ruffle pinned to the 
denim jacket.


But then I felt it still needed something.
I had this in a drawer, it is actually a hair
clip but it works great for 
what I needed to finish off the 
jacket. 
 

And this will be what it will look like
when sewing is done. 


I am so excited about it looks. I 
love it. This is an idea I 
found on Pinterest. 

And here is your thought for the 
day.
Keep it in mind and if you 
question anything about yourself today...
go back and read this again.


Stop in and see the pets at
pjack214.blogspot.com/2018/01/life-and-adventures-of-living-with-lily.html
Thanks for stopping in, 


Comments

MadSnapper said…
I am amazing alright but not the good kind. LOL... your brother is gifted artistically like you are.
Sandee said…
Oh the BBQ sounds really good. Reminds me of summer.

This morning I finished a tons of laundry. It's all done and put away. It won't last long, but it's a wonderful feeling.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Jeanie said…
Duh. I need to do that with measuring cups. I never, ever thought of it.

Glad your weather is warming up. Hopefully that will help the fibro a bit.
Christine said…
your are very creative, the jacket looks adorable now.
Rhodesia said…
I have said this before but you never cease to amaze me with the ideas you come up with. Take care and look after yourself. Diane
Liz A. said…
The sewing part is easy. It's the cutting and pinning that takes forever. So, good job. It'll look amazing when it's all sewn up.
Ann Thompson said…
The granola bars in the freezer sounds like something I would do. I've gotten close to doing it a couple times but caught myself.
Love the denim jacket. It looks great
Rain said…
I love the denim jacket FLAIR!!! How pretty! :) I laughed so hard at the bars in the freezer, seriously, you have no idea how many times I do that lol...Your stool looks just beautiful!
Darla M Sands said…
How sweet of you to mention me. You're a huge bonus to my day, such an inspiring artist and person all around. I thought the hair clip accent upon the jacket was formed out of some lace not needed for the waistcoat (is that the right term?) and is an amazing find. Bless you, my dear. May you enjoy each day with as much pain free strength and alertness as possible. I still think you accomplish more physically on your bad days than I do on my best. ~hugs~ Be well.
Sally said…
Your jacket with the lace? A friend of mine in Texas does that also, and sells (among other stuff) on etsy, and at craft shows. If you click on gypsy farm girl on my 'friends list', you can see what she does. I haven't met her in person, but have been blog friends for several years. When I first 'met' her, she was working as a floral designer, and has since left that job and going great on her own. It's just interesting if you'd like to see her.

We have the flag of Dad's also. I love the flag you made for Ray. It's beautiful, Pam. You and your brother are unstoppable, I believe. It runs in the family. :)

xoxo
Sharon said…
Yesterday was a very pleasant day, today not so much.
Wish I could get anything accomplished, too much coughing, sneezing, and tired.
Pam, I want that jacket! It is adorable! Girl, I need to pin this! BBQ sounds pretty tasty right now too. But I am starving. Or so I think I am. LOL! It has warmed back up in my neck of the woods. Florida weather is CRAZY! Speaking of measuring cups. I finally bought a little plastic container from the Dollar Tree and that is where I stash my measuring cups. At least when I need one all I have to do is pull out the bin. I need to do some organizing in my cabinets! GRR! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
That jacket does look good!

All the best Jan
Hi Pam. I love the jacket. It is amazing and such a cute idea. Thank you for your visit and kind words. As you can tell, we are just a meat and potatoes couple. Nothing fancy, that's for sure..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom