Check Out My Goodwill Find

I picked this up at Goodwill
Sunday for an awesome
price......4.99!


One small stain.


But I covered it with the lamp
that I leave on my table.





I added some grapes to the pitcher
that was another Goodwill
find a couple yrs ago.

Sitting in front of the pitcher
is one of the candle holder I made
out of a round piece of wood and 
some metal piece out of my friends
garage. He works on mowers and
small engines. 





Gift from my daughter 


Isn't this so pretty?

 

Oops...this pic above taken before I added the
grapes!

Today we woke to this
AGAIN.





Got a little over an inch this time...
just enough to mess up 
morning ventures for folks.
I had a dr apt that had to be
cancelled and rebooked.



So with a cold and snowy days
facing us and I did not have to 
get out for anything...
I stayed in and 
watched a series that my
son has talked about for
several yrs and so sure I would 
like.


A friend had the series.
And my friend Theresa had
the movie that came out
only after the series. 


So the dog, cat and I spent our day
in front of the tv.

But this morning before the shows
started, I sat up on the heated
throw and watched Home and Family
on Hallmark.


I just love my adorable aunt.
She is a lot younger than my mom.
She saw on fb about me looking for a 
cream/beige/ or off white dress
for my daughters wedding. 

This is a pic of a dress she bought
for her son's wedding. Hanging
in the closet for yrs. She boxed it
up and sent it out to me today.
And what is cool, it happens to be
the size I am now! YAY!

Beautiful dress.
The pic is my cousin Sheri on the 
left, cousin Rusty and my aunt.

 I am so excited.


Thanks for stopping in, 









Comments

Sharon said…
Good deal on the table cover!
We ended up with a shade over an inch of snow too.
Son bought me those DVDs also ... I like sci-fi too.
Nice dress.
Sounds like a nice day to relax. Snow can give us that excuse. We're expecting that same snow this evening. What a lovely tablecloth you found. It looks very nice on your table. ♥
Christine said…
The dress looks beautiful!
Anonymous said…
It's worth for the given money. It looks beautiful. I love it:)
Ann said…
Your table looks great. Love the lace tablecloth. That was a good deal. That dress is awesome. How nice of your aunt to send it to you
Rhodesia said…
Lovely table cloth, sure that stain would come out with a bit of TLC. Your aunt is very generous to give you the dress. Take care Diane
Sally said…
I can only imagine how many hours were spent making the table cloth, and it's lovely. So glad you found it.

And, how about the dress! Beautiful!!!

I received heated lap blanket for Christmas, and believe me I've needed it the last few days. Supposed to be in the 20's tonight, so I'm going to my granddaughter's where it won't be quite that cold. :)

xoxo
What a beautiful tablecloth for $4.99. It looks so vintage and I love vintage. Oh yes, nothing better by piling up in my fat clothes, grab a nice throw or heated blanket as I have one too and watching a Hallmark or a movie. Wish I could do it more often. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
MadSnapper said…
beautiful dress and will be perfect for the wedding. and is even very much in style right now, not that it matters. the stain on the beautiful table cloth might come out if you make a paste from water and oxiclean and let it sit a few minutes. i use oxiclean for everything, it is a miracle. i even put it in my wash for white things. it also soaks my feet soft. the table clothe looks hand made to me, like someone spent hours on making it.
Sandee said…
Our grandmothers all had these kind of table clothes back in the day. They are most beautiful.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
What a lovely family. What do you think of "Firefly"? My Facebook group 'Geek Asylum' still talks about it fondly. ~grin~ I still miss those characters. Oh, and when "Castle" started there were little homages to "Firefly". Too bad I couldn't get into that police procedural also starring Nathan Fillion but my mother was hooked almost until the day she passed away. ~nods~ Funny memories there... Hope your doctor appointment goes well!
Liz A. said…
Have you considered dying the tablecloth? A nice tea stain would camouflage the one stain as would maybe a light lavender... Just a thought.

How did you like Firefly? (I'm a rabid fan.)
I love the tablecloth. it's so pretty. Lily doesn't shred it? I really don't think Caroline would let us have something like that for very long.

My husband is a HUGE Firefly fan. I've never been able to really get into it, but he loves it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom