Jim Nabors/Paint/Car/Trees/Goodwill Buys/Cat

I grew up watching 
this man
Jim Nabors AKA Gomer.
Great laughs.




and what a beautiful voice.


RIP

Speaking of deaths,
my mom lost her best
friend yesterday.
I will be taking her to 
visitation tomorrow.
RIP Ms. Nina.


Robins Gallery in the next city
over does a paint class every week
or so. My sis in law, Kim, wanted to 
go paint and asked me to go with her.

Our choice was any 3 of these.


I went with the stocking,
the Christmas ball and the 
candy cane.
As you can tell I changed some things
up. The tab to hold the stocking up was
white, I went with red. I changed out
the patch on the heel also.
And on the candy cane I went with 
a darker background.


Kim went with the ball, the stocking
and the Christmas tree.



We had to leave our paintings and 
we will pick them up next week, by
then they will have taken ribbon and 
attached them in the order we listed
on the back of each painting. 

This is Kim, she is checking out
her handy work.


On to more Christmas stuff...
I picked up this adorable pillow
at Goodwill for 99 cents.


Also picked up this table runner
for 1.99. Planning on maybe 
making pillows with it. 


I went home today from my brothers
to do some things I needed to do
at the house.
I also picked up my Christmas
card painting to work on 
while I am sitting here
at my brothers. 

Speaking of which,
here is year 3 of my Christmas
cards. 

Really....not one of my favorite ones.
but....I sent it out anyway. 

And that card is a lead way into 
what I painted tonight...
Christmas Trees!



Another fast and simple project.
I was cleaning up scrapwood after
cutting things out the other day and 
realized that I actually had
some mini Christmas trees.

How cute are these? 

Look at this neat car....




Nope, it is not mine....
this is what my sis in law, Kim
bought yesterday! 
WOW....maybe she will let 
me drive it at least once.

So you know I am house/dog/bird
sitting....we have added a 
cat to the mix also.

This is Penny.
You see my brother sets on 
about 65 acres of land. 
He has a barn, smoke house, house
and garage. But at the top of 
his driveway when you turn in 
is another home that my niece used
to rent. Penny was her outdoor
cat but moving to a condo she
could not take Penny with her so
Lori said leave her. When they return
from NC they are going to move
Penny to their home and get her
used to being an indoor outdoor 
cat. But for now, I go down and
feed everyday.

  

Thanks for stopping in, 

Check out Lily on 

http://pjack214.blogspot.com/2017/12/lily-antics.html



Comments

MadSnapper said…
I am so sad for Penny that her mom had to leave her but glad she will be living with the house hold that likes Lily... hope she does well. what super duper idea for the scrap trees. would never have thought of it, I love the white with red... both of you chose well and the ribbon decorations will be perfect to add to all your other creations.
Darla M Sands said…
I cannot imagine house sitting for someone so much. You're so selfless. Hope you get to drive the car sometime and the kitty adapts to indoor life. ~grin~ It's so much safer.
Jeanie said…
I love your tree project! And all the paintings. Yes, Jim Nabors -- RIP.
Ann said…
Very sad about Jim Nabors. That man sure could sing. That is one fancy ride your sister in law got. Love it.
Sally said…
I LOVE the paintings you and Kim did. So cute!

Yes, Jim Nabors had such a beautiful voice. :(

I'm sorry you and your mom lost a good friend.

xoxo
Debbie said…
jim nabors, what a wonderful soul. you are such a good egg!!!
Red Rose Alley said…
I'm sorry to hear about your mom's best friend. The Christmas trees you painted are whimsical, I love those, Pam. Penny is a pretty grey cat. : )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom