Christmas Gifts


Every other week or so I make it 
a thing to run inside of a local
Goodwill. I have 3 that I bounce 
between. One is just 10 mins from 
the house, one is 15 to 20
and one is 20 to 25 depending on 
how many cars are out....and how
heavy my foot gets!

Last week I darted in the one 
nearest to me and found a bundt 
cake pan.

I started to get it for my daughter but
then realized that she don't bake so I 
decided to keep it.



This pan looked new. I have one this 
size that I have used for years but
it looks rough and I have a smaller
one but for a 1.99 I figured I
could get it!


When I got to register it was a yellow
tag, 1/2 price. I got for 99 cents.
Even better buy!

My friend Debbie stopped by yesterday
for us to exchange gifts. 

Here is what I had made for Debbie
this yr.


The box like thing can be used for 
anything really BUT it will work
really awesome on the back of
the stove. Going to make me one
also, since there is a gap between the
back of the stove and the wall...

I had also made this back in 
Jan. when I decided that I would
cross stitch ornaments for the 
family for 2017.


Here it is on her tree.


And here are ones I made years
ago before I had to stop.
Working full time and raising
kids just took up way to much
time, so I stopped doing this.
I was doing them for family (which
kept growing) and friends.
I was putting around 50 hours
cross stitching and putting them
together. 






At this time I was not only doing
one for Debbie, I was doing them
for her mom and grandson also.

Here is my gift from Debbie.
There is popcorn in the burlap bag
that is inside the cup.
This is one of those BIG mugs.


And check this out...
An angel night light. 


Debbie also knows a man that makes
these. There was this one included
in my gift. 


Christmas is growing near.....FAST.
Hope you are ready.
I am.
I think though this will be the first
year in years that I will regret having
to store away my Christmas stuff. 
I have really been able to enjoy it
more than ever since I am home
more than when I worked. 
Seriously thinking since I don't
have a normal tree up that I might
just leave it up without ornaments for 
a bit. I love having all the lights off
in the living room and only the lights
of the tree on while I watch tv or 
blog. 

Thanks for stopping, 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice that you and Debbie had time together to exchange gifts. It was fun to see the cross stitch ornaments you gifted her over the years. I once cross stitched and few folks realize how much time goes into the even small designs. You got a great deal on what looks like a new Bundt pan. Let us know when you try it out!
Love the cross stitch! So much work! What a deal on the bundt pan! Love me a good deal. Merry Christmas to you dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Darla M Sands said…
How nice all around! I hope you're having a great day in every way. I'll let you in on a little secret. One year I got my seven foot tall artificial tree up super late and so decided to keep it up, ornaments and all, until mid February, my birthday! We recluses don't get visitors, and the cats and I alone use this front room space, so I just lit it when I was nearby and enjoyed.

Thanks for the kind words on FB toward my brother. ~hugs~ I've heard no news since this morning, but consider that good. Someone will call when there is worthwhile information to share, so I'm putting him and my fears in God's hands.
MadSnapper said…
i leave my little tree up minus the ornaments, sometimes until Feb.. i love the lights to. the nook has lights year round, i just remove the Christmas glass and put the every day glass there. i am with you on loving night time with cozy tree lights. that box is a great idea, i have dropped thing down that hole at the back a few times. Debbies tree is beautiful and so are the ornaments. love the lace around the edge
Jeanie said…
I need a new bundt pan too -- mine's pretty beat up. That's a fabulous deal!
Ann Thompson said…
Great gifts both the ones you gave and the ones you received. I'm not ready for Christmas and there's no way I will be. It really snuck up on me this year
Sally said…
The bundt pan looks brand new, that was quite a bargain, Pam. I have one that was left in a house I bought back in l979. :)

Beautiful cross stitching, my mom used to do a lot of that and also crewel work (I think that's what it's called) I have no patience. If I'm sitting, usually I'm reading.

It's so nice you have a long time friend like Debbie. :)

xoxo
Your cross stitched ornaments are sweet, Pam. I used to love doing this craft, but my eyes no longer permit me to do so. I like to go into our Goodwill and have found a few bargains. You really got a great deal on the bundt pan! ♥
Liz A. said…
Did you finish your cross-stitched ornaments? I know you were doing those for a while, but stopped. Amazing how the year gets away from us, eh?
NanaDiana said…
Great find on that bundt pan. I haven't made a bundt cake in a long time. I made a lot of cross-stitch ornaments when my kids were little back in the 80s. The kids have them now on their own trees.

Hope you have a really wonderful, blessed Christmas! xo Diana
Red Rose Alley said…
Cross stitching is such a talent, Pam. The cross stitch ornaments you made your friend, Debbie, is a special gift. I really like the candle and snowman one. And her gift to you was nice too. There's nothing like popcorn while watching a favorite movie. ; ) Enjoy your tree, Pam. Gazing at a lit up tree without ornaments is also wonderful.

~Sheri
Pilar said…
The cross stitch ornaments are so nice! Handmade items are so special!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom