Idea's and Thoughts

If you have not seen under my
tree in recent post then you did not
know that I wrapped my gifts all
in kraft paper, except one.

But I never thought of doing this...



Saw this idea on Pinterest.
What a cute idea.

About month or so ago I 
picked up a tin of popcorn at
Kmart. It was on sale for  
$4.50. I grabbed one and over
a course of time I enjoyed most
of it...feeding the last to the birds.

I have noticed over the years that
the size of the can has been
squished down (for lack of
a better term)

From this



To this.



 But what really got my attention was
the pricing.
I paid $4.50
and thought I would pick
up a tin for my daughters boys but
did not want to drive back over to 
Kmart. So I looked at Kroger.
There price was $5.99, Walgreens however
for the same things was $7.99
but Wally World (Walmart) had theirs
for $5.00..
Wow, pricing for the same thing was
all over the board.

Now moving on,
who likes the blow up 
Christmas decorations?
Just my thoughts, I don't care
for them. 
Esp during the day when everyone
is off to work and the decorations
are turned off, laying lifeless on 
the ground in a blob of plastic 
mess.


But I guess the redneck in me
likes things like this!



haha....
While writing this post I heard some
noise coming from my laundry 
closet. I left the doors open and 
Ms. Lily Bit decided to jump up
on the washer and off to under
the stairs.
She was playing around in the empty
box that my tree goes in.
With that info check out
yesterdays adventure with Lily
at
http://pjack214.blogspot.com/2017/12/wrapping-with-lily-and-tree.html

One last thing....night before
last I got a call and I knew from the ring
that it was my daughter. Upon answering it
I found my youngest grandson Braden facetiming
with me. 
Then I talked to the middle one.
Here is a pic they sent me later.




Tuesday my daughter will be 
40  haha....I mean 37. Love
messing with her. 
I will bake her a cake and take
it to her work which is 15 minutes
from me instead of to her home that
is an hour away. 
With that, her and Will and the 
kids are also moving next week.
They will be moving about 15 minutes
further out then she is now. 
Moving from an apartment to a 
mobile home. Kids will have room
to run and play. 

In reply to several comments on my blog,
I am still dealing with pain, it is a given with 
cold weather. Yesterday's temps were 
up near 50 so I did have a better day.
I am just having to push a bit more to get 
things done. Thank you all for the 
concern and comments, it is very
sweet of you to comment and show your
concern.

Thanks for stopping in,



Comments

Darla M Sands said…
Hope you stay warm! ~hugs~ I like the tire wreath. That's fun.
Rain said…
I love the hillbilly wreath!!! :) And that is a nice idea for gift wrapping. Your grands are cute Pam...I'm so glad you're on the mend!
Ann Thompson said…
I like that wrapping idea. It looks very nice.
I don't like the blow up decorations at all. I have looked at the popcorn tins and thought how much smaller they are than they used to be. We used to get one every year. I noticed some of them don't even have a solid lid on them
Jeanie said…
I'm so sorry you are still dealing with your pain, Pam. I hope things ease up for you.

I really do love that wrapping idea! Very fun and lovely!
I'm with you on the decorations on the lawn. I'm afraid it looks like trash on folk's lawns during the day. Your grands are cuties. That's wonderful that they are going to have more room to play! I hope your week goes well. It's supposed to be warmer so hopefully you will be feeling better. My arthritis acts up when it's really cold. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
Hahahaha... Glad that kitchen gadget still stumped you. The end result is a hard boiled egg that is easier to peel. This process breaks the seal between the shell and that inner membrane. ~hugs~ I was skeptical but it really works.
Sally said…
So glad you're feeling a bit better, but it's sad that you have such pain, Pam. :(

Your grandson's are so cute; I know you love them so much.

I like the wrapping on the gifts; unique! And, I'm with you; don't care at all for the plastic blow up yard art. LOL

xoxo
MadSnapper said…
the package reminds me of my mother. she saved every card she ever got, hundreds and hundreds, back then everyone sent Christmas cards so she had boxes of them stored. she used to stick them on Christmas packages, some like this and some she cut them in shapes around what ws on them, she made them into big tags for the names. she was much like you and loved crafts but did not have the skills you have. facetime is fascinating, cute boys to talk to
Pam I couldn't help but chuckle at the blow up Christmas decor. Girl, I am with you! I do not like them at all. I have to share this with you. To show you how stupid was to the fact that there was such a thing as the blow up Christmas decor, when they first came out years ago, unknowings to me, I remember seeing some in people's yards during the day time that was laying on ground flat as a fritter. I went straight home and told my husband that those items was a waste of money that they wouldn't even stay up during the day!!! LOL! Yep, well, I just didn't know at the time they made such! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Liz A. said…
I love the hillbilly Christmas wreath. Too funny.
Red Rose Alley said…
I love the idea you had of wrapping your presents with craft paper, and I think the cards on the front add a special touch. I like the blow up lawn decorations at night when they're all lit up, but I know what you mean about drooping during the day. The other day is was really windy, and there was a snowman on a lawn around here that was turned all the way around haha. That tire wreath is something else - have never seen anything like it. : )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom