Blessed with Christmas Mood

Hi everyone....
Hoping you are all having a great
evening.
The fur babes and I are just
sitting here in the living room, lights off,
Christmas movie on the Hallmark
station. I love just looking at the 
tree and enjoying the lights and 
ornaments that I have collected
over the years.

Wow....look, it looks like Santa
has been here already!

All wrapped...
except one for my friend Debbie...
I had it in the kitchen for days, 
picked it up last night and set it 
somewhere, problem is, I am not
sure where somewhere is!
haha...

I will look tomorrow.


I still have to put Theresa's together.
Will get to that tomorrow.
Still have decorations to finish and 
tomorrow I will also get my
card printed ...
then to address and put in the mail.

Speaking of Christmas cards let me
show you 
year 11 of my painted
Christmas cards.
Another fav of mine.


Yesterday I was picking things up 
and moving things around....
and picked up two of my
Lowe's yard sticks. 
I had bought several for 
crafting projects.

Then for some reason a thought
hit me....
a star!
I have wanted a large one
to hang outside of the house
for years but just never 
thought much on making it.

I stopped at Lowes today and picked
up 3 more yard sticks. 
With them and my electric staple
gun this is what I put
together in less than 5 minutes.


In the cold I went out to spray
paint my new star.
I went with red cause my
door is red. 
I am going to hang it between
the window and front door after
I wrap it in white lights. 


Here it is painted.


I would love to hang it between the 
two windows up stairs...BUT
I don't own a ladder and I don't
have nerve enough to climb it 
anyway....FEAR of falling.
Although, me son and I went 
out the window above the porch 
several times and just sat on the
roof of the porch....
I would get out there and 
then I would not MOVE!
FEAR!

So....do my friends know me or
what???
Theresa "T"
gave me this today!


My first Wizard of 
Oz ornament!
I love it.



Before ending this rambling blog post
I wanted to comment on this..


I blogged about this road side find
a few days ago.....
I love it but it really don't 
fit the style or look of my
home but it hit me today
that the newly redone guest
room at my brothers had the most
beautiful comforter on the bed, and
this seat matched it so well.
Asked Lori if she wanted, so 
I took it out there today.
Sorry, left phone in the car so
I have no pic. 
But this seat was rehomed to 
a perfect place.

Please keep me in your thoughts....
having rough night.
Burning pain within my
bod right now. With fibro there
are a lot of things that go along
with this mess....the burning
pain is one.
Deep down pain is another one.
But with the burning pain of
the nerves brings on crawling
skin. I have had to break down and 
take something for this pain which
is something I do my best to not do...
but it is helping with the burn and 
the itch. 
I have way to much to do to
let this get hold of me right now.


Thanks for stopping in, 



Comments

Anonymous said…
Praying for you. Your home looks so cozy and festive. I like your star made with the yard sticks. We have a slipper bench just like this one. It is just the right height for the cats to lay on it to look out the window.
Ann said…
Wow, look at all those presents under your tree. I LOVE the Christmas card, it's adorable. I made several yard stick stars years ago and sold them at a craft show. Mine didn't have any lights on them but now I want to do another one with lights.
Praying for pain free days ahead for you
Darla M Sands said…
You're so amazingly creative. And generous! What a cute ornament. For a second, with the first pic, my blurry eyes saw a life size pair of shoes you could wear! Maybe I should wait until after my allergy pill kicks in to read blogs. Speaking of shoes, I *have* to go clothes shopping today. Need better fitting, less ratty pants if nothing else. Maybe some shirts. The hand-me-down oversized Carhart shirts and ancient pair of shorts I wear to the gym are literally rotting off my body. And my cycling/weight lifting slip-on shoes have a hole above the toes. ~rolls eyes~ Wish me luck. I despise clothes shopping. Heh...

I so hope you're feeling better. ~hugs~ I wish we could stomp out your pain.
MadSnapper said…
sorry to hear the pain is back, prayers it will leave you quickly. so glad you could rehome that little bench, it is lovely. the shoes are precious on your beautiful tree and wow on the creative star idea...
Sally said…
Oh, Pam, I'm so sorry for the pain you have to live with. :(

I absolutely love this post, though. It's Christmas at your house and everything looks beautiful.

The star? Only you would think to make it, and I LOVE it! :)

xoxo
Debbie said…
you have a wonderful christmas spirit, through all of it!!

the star is an amazing idea and your home looks beautiful!!

i like the way you wrapped your presents - i always use different paper on all my packages, always gold and red. but i like the look of everyone being the same too!!!

i hope you are feeling better, nerve pain, i know it well!!
Pilar said…
Pam I hope you feel better soon! You're tree is beautiful! Your home looks so cozy and ready for Christmas!
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, I first want to say I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope the pain subsides. Your Christmas tree is so pretty, and how special that you just sat and looked at your tree and appreciated the moment. Dorothy's red glittery shoes are so cute. I have been watching the Hallmark movies too. My favorite this year is The Christmas Train, as my grandfather worked for the railroad. Your star turned out great, I love that. Painting it red was a good choice. Sending you comforting thoughts this evening, Pam.

~Sheri
Oh Pam, I do hope by now your pain is gone!
Your home looks so festive and beautifully decorated. All the presents, already wrapped! Needless to say I have many to wrap.
Your star is lovely. Your creativeness is never ending. ♥
Liz A. said…
I hope you're feeling better now. Sorry you've been in pain.

Love the star. I, too, have a fear of falling. You can't get me on a ladder. Perhaps you can bribe one of your friends to hang it for you.
NanaDiana said…
What a wonderful Holiday post. Love your Christmas card and what a great tradition to continue year to year. Your home looks beautiful all dressed for Christmas. CUTE star! I hope you have a wonderful week. xo Diana
Jeanie said…
You ARE ready for the holidays! I'm impressed that you are all wrapped. Your home is beautiful and I love the outside. And that star! It really is terrific.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom