Out and About - China Cup and Saucer / Shopping

Headed out this morning to 
purchase some pants.
Sounds simple right, well when
you don't know the size you wear
now it's not so easy. 

But....Wally World was a big
help....I got a pair of 
jeans (size 10) and a pair of
tan like jeans in a Jr. size 11!
I have winter pants with lineings
but only a couple of light weight
pairs of pants. These came
from unpacking smaller clothes.
But with that, I needed something
nice I could wear out. 

Problem - I don't like trying on clothes.
but, now I have sizes I am good.

Stopped at a local antique store and 
picked this up.







Figured I would hold on to it
for the cup swap thingy that is done
here in blog world.
Not sure who starts that but
please remember I want to
be a part of it this yr.
THANKS.

Shot this on my way out this
morning....my brothers porch.


HAHA....just something I did with
lotion I was putting on last night
while sitting at a red light.


Brothers porch this morn.


Notice several times while
I have been out that velour / velvet
material in clothes is a new thing
this winter. 
I remember wearing it in the
70's, notice the shirt below!

Here is some I saw in Wally World.


Also saw pants!

Made a stop at Kroger while I 
was out and saw this....
too cute!


Great thought to hold on to today...
as told by my fav good witch!








Now to share what took place
at Kroger today!
Kroger Mt. Juliet Rd - Providence...was
in line behind a woman that had a load of
stuff. Man in line next to me also was
behind someone with a lot of stuff.
Young man named Hunter walked
up and said he could take me on lane 8.
The man next to me was closer so I told
him to go ahead and I got behind him.
He was buying cigs. so Hunter asked
his bday. The older gentleman said 2/14
and Hunter spoke up and said that was
his bday also...I upon hearing this
said," did you say 2/14"?..I had to
laugh cause that is my bday also.
Thinking it was meant to be that a
young man told me I could get in
his lane and us having the same
bday, and it was meant to be that I
let the gentleman next to me go
first and his bday was the same
as mine and Hunters!
Wow....how cool was that?


Comments

Rain said…
I really love that tea cup. That's one thing lacking in my "stash"...I have NO tea cups. My grandma had a beautiful eclectic collection of cups, saucers and pots. I should keep my eyes peeled at the thrift stores. I HATE trying on clothing too!
Liz A. said…
Amazing coincidence. Did you know that if you were to get a random group of people together (about 24), the chances of two of them having the same birthday is about 50%? (I'll have to look up exact figures, but the number is around 24--like 23 or 25--and it is 50% chance.)
Sharon said…
I hate shopping for clothes.
I love velvety clothes, the kind you can wash and throw in the dryer. :-)
I gave one of my boys my china when he got married, never saw it again, not even on a special occasion. Sigh ... They are divorced now and I rue the day.
Those are some very nice pumpkins.
Anonymous said…
How funny about the same birthdays!
It is Stephanie at the Enchanted Rose that does the tea cup exchange. I've participated once.

I wish you a very nice weekend.
Sally said…
I had a good friend whose birthday was 2/14 - and, how nice to learn you do also.

I don't like shopping for clothes, period. But, appears I'll have to before long. ugh

We can't really wear velvet much here, but it is lovely. That's a great photo of you, Pam!

xoxo
Anonymous said…
http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/
Ann Thompson said…
I remember velour. I had several tops
NanaDiana said…
That is really cool about the birthdays.
I LOVE that cup. I believe the exchange you are talking about is hosted by Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose blog.
I was surprised to see all the velour this year, too. xo Diana
DeniseinVA said…
That was a fun coincidence and the kind that brightens up a day. Also fun to find clothes in a smaller size, congrats Pam. A pretty cup and saucer too. Pretty photo of you in your velour outfit. I have been seeing a lot lately. Enjoyed the other photos and the whole post was enjoyable. Thanks Pam, happy weekend to you :)
Rue said…
I had a velour dress that I loved and I saved it so my daughter could have it :)

Pretty tea cup!

xo,
rue
Rhodesia said…
What a coincidence same birthday. I have velvet trousers that I have had for years and I love them. Fashion comes and goes and all my old clothes comes back into fashion eventually. I rarely buy anything new, my old clothes just comes and goes from one cupboard to the next LOL
Have a great weekend, Diane
Stephanie said…
Good evening, Pam! It was such a delight to read your comments on my blog...thank you for visiting. And I am sorry you were not able to participate in the exchange this time around. I'm so glad you're following my blog and hopefully next time you can join the fun {{smiles}} The tea cup you found is quite the little beauty!

So nice to "meet" you and I look forward to visiting again. Hugs! Stephanie-The Enchanting Rose
MadSnapper said…
love the radish bag, cute. and your brothers front porch is cheerful... yay on smaller sizes and I have noticed the late 60's early 70's trends that are on the models and stars on TV. have not seen the plush yet but do remember it. they are wearing the baby doll collars and the stand up around the neck that I can't remember. all the new styles are leaning that way. since I have lived since the mid 40's I have seen a lot of styles. they are also using the royal blues that were popular in 70s
Darla M Sands said…
Fun post, as always. I loved a velvety sleepwear seat worn out several years ago. ~sigh~ So comfy. I also hate trying on clothing but there's no way around it. Even knowing my size, slacks do not all fit alike. And I'm not only short, but also picky. ~grin~ Your lovely smile has not changed, my dear.
Red Rose Alley said…
I love velvet too, Pam. I had a few clothes in that growing up, and I still like it today. That velvet you saw at Wally World is so pretty. That's too bad you missed the tea cup exchange this year, but you can keep the cup for next year. Stephanie is a dear, and I think you would enjoy it. How funny that you all had the same birthdays. : )

~Sheri
Jeanie said…
I SO hate shopping for clothes! But I do love fleecy, soft loungewear! Too bad about the teacup exchange but that one is pretty enough to keep!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom