Hodge Podge Sort of a Post

Monday I wanted to bake so I 
made Pumpkin Bread.

Two large loaves and 3 small.
I took a small to mom, froze 
2, sliced up a large and took to 
vets office where my daughter works
to share with them and I kept a large 
one out here at the house. 


Yesterday I decided it was cool
enough to get out and clean 
on my shed. 

I have a Rubbermaid trash can in 
there that holds these
items.

My son, Cory's Tonka 
trucks.



When I opened the shed I actually intended
to get a door out of there.
Years ago Lowes had inside doors
for sale. I measured all mine
and bought what I needed.
They have been in my 
shed for years. 
So since I finished that
one guest room I 
took the old door off
and needed to grab the right 
size to hang. I wanted to 
wait till it cooled down
(I don't do heat well) and I 
knew it would not be an easy
task. 
After throwing everything out
of the shed and starting over I 
made a run to Lowes.

I needed brackets.
Here is one in the pic.
I hung two and laid my wood
(except what is still on the deck)
over the brackets. Solved a big
problem this way.



I know you all must think I am 
totally spoiled. 
The ladies I worked with at the 
TBI, Deborah and Cindy (you
have met them here on the blog)
thought I was!

Why~ because my mom was always
shopping for me!

She got this on sale for me the 
other day.
I love that scent and she
remembered that. 


Plus...she went to Wally World 
the other day and found gowns
on sale again. Both these were
$4 each.


Here is a part of my
Halloween decoration that
I will move outside on
Halloween night.


I almost decided I would not
do anything today so Dakota and
I laid down to share the glider on 
the deck. 
Lily was in a chair. 


Thinking we were going to nap....
but then decided I needed to do something.

So....I framed out the painting I did
earlier in the year on the deck. 


Now it looks good.

Then just a bit ago I decided to 
redo the vine I painted
around the crack in the
sidewalk. When I did it
before I did it small and did
not paint a lot of leaves.
It was hard to see so I 
decided to fix the problem.
Bigger, more leaves, and lighter
in color.



Had a guy come out for an estimate
on some wood I need replaced on the house.
So hard getting anyone to want to 
do small jobs.






I have his quote and I am working on 
trying to get someone else out to give
me an estimate. 
This is the worst part
and high up. 
The gutter stopped up with leaves
and spilled out doing damage
to the eve under the gutter. 
Really need to have this fixed before
winter sets in.


Always something.
Tomorrow I head to my brothers house
for 6 to 7 days again.
You see my sis in laws mom lives
in North Carolina and she
is not well. Lori goes up for
7 days a month, her sister
goes up for 7 days a month and 
her brother lives there. 

When they come home I will 
head to the house for an evening
then I will go to my daughters.
Her and BF are going to NY
for a ball game, thinking that
is when he will give her the ring.
But anyway, someone needs to 
keep an eye on my grandson so
I will be there for a night, him 
and I will come home Friday night, 
then I get him back Sunday night
for school on Monday. 
They should be back at some 
point Monday night, depending
on time, I might head home. 

Anyway....wedding has been moved
from next fall to this spring...
April!

Thanks for stopping in for
the update on life, 





Comments

Red Rose Alley said…
Mmmmm, Pumpkin Bread sounds Yummy right now. I just made a banana cake and it was really good. The candle your mom got you sure is nice. And I remember the Wizard of Oz red shoes. They will be cute for Halloween.

~Sheri
Sharon said…
I could use a couple slices of that pumpkin bread.
Nice that your mom picks up little goodies for you! Candles are nice.
Good luck getting those repairs done, I hope all that is wrong is what we can see.
You're going to have a busy weekend.
Rain said…
Hi Pam :) Your pumpkin breads look great, and there is nothing wrong with being spoiled if you can be! :) The photo of you and Dakota lounging is how I spend a lot of my summer days with Jack on my loveseat!! I love how you decorated the crack in the path, how creative!! :)
Liz A. said…
Sounds like a busy day.
NanaDiana said…
You are a busy gal! Good for you for digging out the shed. That is always a BIG JOB around here!

The pumpkin bread sounds delicious and it is really nice that your mom spoils you a bit...that is what daughters are for..right? xo Diana
Sally said…
You, Pam, you? You are amazing; I wish I had just a thimble size of your smarts! :)

I usually make pumpkin bread also, but will probably wait a big.

Actually, I don't think you're spoiled at all; I think you are very well loved. :)

xoxo
Rhodesia said…
Have lots of pumpkins so I think pumpkin bread will soon be on my menu. You amaze me all the work you do and I love your framed picture. Enjoy your day Diane
MadSnapper said…
I am smiling inside because never in my life have I ever thought or said I want to bake. I have never baked a turkey in my life, when I married bob at age 40 he said he had not either, the first thanksgiving he read the directions and baked the turkey and I still have never baked one or baked pumpking bread or any other kind of bread. I wish I had your skills, any or all of them, from cooking to building to painting to creating and hanging your own doors. wow
Darla M Sands said…
'Spoiled' is not a word that comes to mind when I think of you. You just have a special mom like I had. ~hugs~ And you're about the most selfless person I know. Don't overdo it and enjoy some nice, relaxing days with your fur babies in between all these activities (!), my dear.
Ann Thompson said…
Pumpkin bread sounds good. I like how you painted that crack. What a great idea
Billie Jo said…
Pumpkin bread sounds amazing!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom