Pumpkin Cake

The bad thing about my surgery
for weight loss is....
it does not help with 
cravings.

I have continued to crave all
those great foods with sugar in 
them!

Yesterday I was craving something
sweet. Normally I will just buy
a piece of candy but
I really prefer cakes more
then candy.

Looking on Pinterest I
found a cake I wanted to make.
I like simple, I like the dump
cakes.  I was looking for a cake
that would let me use 
pumpkin pie mix, which I bought
 by accident
when I was grabbing for puree 
pumpkin.

I found a cake that called 
for puree
pumpkin so I decided
to use the pie mix instead.

Yellow cake mix
16 oz pumpkin mix
mix together on med speed
for 2 mins.
Bake at 350 till done

While that is cooking mix
up a cup of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider
( I did not have this so I used 
mango/peach juice)
and a teaspoon of pumpkin pie
spices. 

Remove cake from oven.
Pour mixture over the top...

Oh my goodness.....
YUMMY!


Taking some home, will share with
mom and leaving the rest here at 
my brothers house.
Going home today from my week
of house/dog/bird sitting.

I usually stay here for a week
at a time. Since my Ray and 
Lori will have a 5 hour drive
I like to have them a meal
waiting. The week before
coming here I made chili
and froze it, ham and green
bean casserole, froze that.
I brought that up here and
put in the freezer for them.

I always usually leave a gift
also....I left this.

Handmade sign and
stuffed cloth pumpkins. 

Now I need to strip the bed, 
remake it with clean sheets and
wash these.

Later folks.
Thanks for stopping in, 


Comments

Sharon said…
Oh, those nasty cravings! Too bad they can't operate on that too!
Sally said…
Oh, that cake sounds good. Our air conditioner stopped working (only 3 1/2 years old) but we have a guy coming out today. If it gets fixed, I just might make that cake. So sweet of you to have food for your folks to come home to, Pam. :)

Love the gifts you made for them.

xoxo
Red Rose Alley said…
There's nothing like pumpkin goodies at Fall. Your pumpkin cake looks moist and delicious. I crave sweets too. Enjoy the September weekend, Pam.

~Sheri

ps...I know what you mean about the Falls in Georgia and Tennessee. Nel said they are gorgeous in Georgia. I really would love to see it. Be sure to post some pics
of Fall around your area. It starts a little later than ours here.
I didn't know that about weight loss surgery! What a bummer to have a,, the yummy cravings.....eating some should be ok, cute Fall sign! 👍
Ann Thompson said…
I've made chocolate cake with pumpkin. It's really good. Another one is angelfood cake mix mixed with a can of crushed pineapple.
Ann Thompson said…
I wanted to answer your question from my blog about the glass jar. The first time I covered the whole jar with mod podge then tried to put the napkin on. The last time I put the glue on a small section put the napkin down like I wanted it then did another small section until I was all the way around the jar
Darla M Sands said…
I hope you feel fantastic! You're such an inspiration.
Rhodesia said…
I love vegetable cakes, when we have too much of anything in the garden they always end up in cakes. I have used pretty much everything we grow from time to time.
Love your gift. Have a good weekend, Diane
DeniseinVA said…
Yes I know all about those cravings :). Your cake looks delicious. Also enjoyed the pretty Fall decoration. How thoughtful of you to leave Ray and Lori a meal. Freezing is a great way of thinking ahead.
eileeninmd said…
Hello, it is hard fighting those cravings for something sweet. Your pumpkin cake sounds yummy.
The fall sign is cute. Have a happy day and weekend!
NanaDiana said…
Oh! Those sugar cravings can be so awful. Glad you allowed yourself that bit of treat and can leave the rest for someone. I like those dump cakes, too. xoDiana
Liz A. said…
How considerate to have a meal waiting for them.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom