NFL/Old Glory/Cotton/ County Fair Pics

Oh my.....what is this world coming too?
I do my best to not offend anyone with
my political views........
Esp. on Facebook. But the past week, 
I have found
myself voicing my thoughts.

Now I am bringing it to my blog.
Hoping not to offend any of my readers
because these are just my views and
we all have our thoughts on the matter.

First let me start with the first keg of
worms I opened up on FB.
I think it would be great to have
a President that speaks his mind....
within limits!
Naming calling from a US Leader
to another leader is so childish.
Rocket Man....Really?
Shows no class what so ever!!

Next on my list is the NFL thing.
Now I don't watch football, but
when I heard what took place with
the NFL teams not going out for
the National Anthem and the raising
of the flag I was appalled. Yes being
American's they have the right to
do as they please, but they have the
right due to men like this.


Men and women have fought for
years for this country to give them
the right to not stand for the flag.
And personally I think those that
don't need their ass kicked!

Then...you have our President that
is so offended he thinks they all need to
be fired from the NFL!
Matter of fact he apparently has
nothing to do all day but
TWEET 
about. 
Another one I think that
needs something kicked.

Okay....so sorry if I ticked anyone
off with this post but like
my President apparently I 
have no class and I want
to speak my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I am not
a Hillary fan either, personally
I think with the last election we
were scraping the bottom of the 
barrel anyway. 

Next on my list...
I am still seeing things about the 
cotton deal and Hobby Lobby.



Not to mention the wanting to 
rename buildings due to the 
fact they were named after
slave owners.
Or the tearing down of statues
of men of our history.

History only keeps repeating 
itself cause people
like this wish to make
a mountain out of a molehill.

Let it go and live for the day...
TODAY.

And this brings up another issue
that I have struggled for 
years with.
It's Merry Christmas
not 
Happy Holidays!

So I pulled some pics of 
some fair shots from a few 
yrs ago.

This one actually in the local
calendar for two years.




Thanks for stopping in, 


Comments

eileeninmd said…
Hello, Pam

A lot has been happening lately. It seems our president does not speak well in public and can not hold his tongue. I am afraid he may start a nuclear war over his crazy talk. I do not agree with the NFl players kneeling during the Anthem but I understand they want to protest. Maybe there is a better way, I do not know how? The Fair photos are fun, I missed going to our state fair this year.
Rhodesia said…
No real comment as I do not live there but I would have thought that any President would not have time to send ridiculous tweets and call people by names!! Diane
Sally said…
My personal opinion is that too many folks these days just play follow the leader which in essence means you're damned if you, or damned if you don't.

I think it's asinine to kneel at the NFL games; yes peaceful protest is fine but wasn't anyone taught to honor/respect our National Anthem and our country's flag?

Okay, I feel better now. Thank you for the platform. LOL

xoxo
Oh dear Pam, everything the Bible has stated would happen is happening sweet lady. It will only get worse. Our fair in our county begins soon. We usually try to meet up with some or all of the grandbabies for evening at the fair. Right now I am thinking about good old fashion corn dog from the fair! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Ann Thompson said…
Everything is simply crazy these days. The NFL thing makes me crazy. That in my opinion has nothing to do with politics it has to do with respect. Respect for the flag and our country. Their behavior is disgusting.
Sharon said…
Sticking fingers in ears - lalalalalalala.
Covering eyes.
Shutting it off!
Liz A. said…
There is no war on Christmas. I have no idea who's going on and on about Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays. As a non-Christian, I don't care which way it's said. Too many people are spending so much energy on something that's really a non issue.

NFL... The protest is about police killing unarmed black kids. It's an epidemic, but no one was talking about it. Now everyone is talking about the protest, but no one is talking about the why of it all.

Now, the joke in the White House has put his nose in it. And while calling the players names while saying that Charlottesville protesters were "very good people". The racism is overt.

Yes, I'm a fire-breathing liberal. Sorry to offend.
Nasreen said…
I'm not in US so I can't really in all honesty comment. But I do listen to news and read papers.
Darla M Sands said…
I have two things to say, as I try to avoid political commentary also. First, after reading about the Hobby Lobby nonsense you shared earlier I specifically shopped there the other day. ~grin~ Also, there is someone I follow on YouTube who tends to make me feel better about the world. He's called Styxhexenhammer666. I don't agree with everything he says, of course, but you should at least check out any of the videos featuring his cats. They're too cute. Be well!
Lady Jane said…
President Trump says some good things. I listened to the whole speech at the UN. He takes 2 steps forward and one step back usually with his mouth. But he isn't a politician and isn't that why people elected him. He talks like you or I would talk. I am of two minds about it. Sometimes I find it refreshing and sometimes I find it scary. For years we have been scared of that little twit in N Korea. Trying to deal with a mad man with diplomacy. I firmly believe Trump is trying to make us see what a truly horrible little weasel this guy is before it is too late. He is privy to a lot more info about this guy than we are. Kim killed his uncle and his brother. He starves his people. Do you see what he serves Denis Rodman (another twit) when he visits him while his people starve. No one was talking about what a horrible, despicable creature he is until Trump caused all the hullaballoo (which was due to the idiot sending bombs up all the time)... Actually Trump made the UN sit up and take some notice, that's more than previous Presidents. Yeah, I am scared too, but you know putting our heads in the sand isn't good either. I don't usually get political but sometimes "I get mad as hell and don't want to take it anymore". Hugs to all political non violent people, our opinions matter because we live in the USA!!! Oh yeah, before I go, that Kapernut (emphasize on the nut) person who started all the NFL stuff, he sure makes a lot of money playing football in the great ole United States don't he??? Perhaps if people stopped paying the exorbitant prices to go to a football games things would get back to normal. It is in the peoples hands not the NFL... LJ
Jeanie said…
I think we have two stark raving lunatics -- one in DC, one in N. Korea. Both of them act like fifth graders and neither knows when to shut their mouth. We may all be in trouble.

I try to avoid politics on blog and FB. Sometimes I can't. I will say that I have no problem with taking the knee. It's not disrespecting the flag or the military (where did that one start? The flag doesn't represent the military. It represents what the military fights for, as I see it.) Our soldiers fight to have free speech and if this is how it is made, it beats the heck out of violent protests like Charlottesville or even harkening back to the Vietnam days. (Watching the terrific PBS doc this week is more timely than one could imagine.) I also see why some are offended.

What offends me is that we're all spending way too much time dealing with the NFL and not nearly enough in dealing with the world, our future, our climate and our role as part of an international community. Somewhere the priorities got mixed up. It makes me sad.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom