Hello to Fall and This and That

Been a really bad week.


Pain is kicking really badly.
With that it is also ragweed
season so the KING and I 
are staying indoors.
He has seasonal allergies also.

Have you seen where Lady
Gaga has announced that
she suffers from Fibro?
So bad for her right now that
she has canceled her 
European tour. 

I read this and for those who 
don't understand maybe this 
will help....

It is hard to describe what it feels like to have Fibromyalgia 
but I like the way the American College of Rheumatology puts it: 
"For the person with fibromyalgia, it is as though
 the 'volume control' is turned up too high in the brain's
 pain processing areas."

Saturday I will go to my
daughter's house where she will
be having a family bday party
for Braden. Gosh...so hard
to believe that he is 7.
I got him a toy but I also got
him some PJs....with a
dinosaur on it.

So....I wrapped the PJs and 
decorated the wrapping. 


The other night due to pain I 
could not sleep so I painted.
Here is my fall door decoration.


When it comes to writing
with paint...haha 
or a pen or pencil I 
have what my mom called
hen scratch for writing. 
But I did rehand the J 
on my pumpkin!


I like the way it all turned out.

My two babies.
Darla was asking about the KING.
He is well, only dealing with 
watering eyes from the weed in 
bloom. 


Just thought I would throw this out
there ......


And with that thought, did anyone see the 
social media posting on the news
about the lady that commented 
on Hobby Lobby having cotton on their
shelves. 
She felt it made a bad statement since
slaves worked the cotton fields!!
Oh my gosh...get a life!

People need to realize that history is 
this nation's HISTORY! 
Cotton is cotton, and I can see
the Hobby selling it for crafts.

I for one had just posted a few
days before the social media
cotton storm this wreath.

I saw this at Belks and I love it.
Wished I had a whole field of
it for crafting.


Now.....its beginning to look a lot
like fall here in Nashville.

This is right off my deck.



Check out the top of my shed.


Leaves are getting lighter.


One red leave just hanging around.


And the creek is pretty dry right now.
But it is full of leaves. 


The berries that are really red in the 
spring are darker in the fall.





I will continue to post fall pics as the days
go by. Matter of fact I am going to
try to remember to photograph my
big tree in the front yard each week
to see the difference. 
Like I said, try....I try it 
each and every fall....
and have yet to get it done.

Speaking of fall....
let me share this story with you~
for those that have pretty much 
figured out my personality 
thru my blog this should not
surprise you.

My son, who is just like me only
more than me, he moved
to California in 2007.
I put him on a plane in Jan. 2007, 
right out of basic. He was stationed
on North Island, San Diego Calif.
My dad had been stationed there also
many, many years ago...
With that said, Cory did his sign 
up time and left the Navy, but during
this time he met his soon to
be wife, Britney. 
Britney is a Calif. girl....all the way. 


In Calif. fall is not like fall in 
Tennessee! So about 3 maybe
 years ago Cory told me that
one thing that he missed about
Tennessee was the fall. 

It just so happens that fall that 
year was beautiful. 
It lasted so much longer than
normal too. 
Colors were popping....
so when the leaves started
to fall I started to collect. 
I collected for a week or more.

I put all I collected in an 8x10 env.
Addressed it to Cory and mailed
it to him with a cute note about
him missing TN Fall so I 
sent it to him. 

He opened it up at the mailbox, 
read the note and laughing went into the
house. 
He yelled for Britney to come 
into the living room and as 
she entered he shook the 
env out all over the room 
saying.....
It's fall!

Keep in mind....he is my son!
haha

thanks for stopping in, 


Comments

Darla M Sands said…
Thanks for the mention. It made me smile. Glad the pets are well. I wish your pain would go away. ~hugs~ Great photos! And cute story about your son receiving leaves in the mail. The idiot complaining about Hobby Lobby makes me feel tired.
Sharon said…
Fall already, where did summer go?

That woman must have been card carrying nut.

Sally said…
Surprise, surprise - our dad was stationed in San Diego also. I was about five or so; playing in the park, fell off the monkey bars and broke my wrist. :)

I'm so very sorry for you pain, Pam. :(

Sure will be glad when Fall arrives here; this 90 degree weather is a little much.

xoxo
Jeanie said…
So sorry the fibro flare is hitting you so hard. Hang in there. Looks likeyou're doing loads to keep your mind off things and to that I say bravo to you!
Billie Jo said…
OH!
I LOVE THAT YOU SENT LEAVES!!!!!!
How wonderful.
And I pray your pain subsides soon.
Have a cozy evening. : )
Ann said…
What a fun idea, mailing fall. A treat for you son as well.
I read that about cotton on Facebook. Unbelievable how people are acting any more. They need to just let it go and get over it. You can't rewrite history by removing things and hiding them. Too much madness going on.I was watching a video yesterday with a woman throwing a total fit in a restaurant because a veteran had a PTSD service dog and she thought it was disgusting to have a dog in a place where people are eating. Obviously she's not a dog person
MadSnapper said…
YES, he IS your son. to funny and what a great idea... fall pics on blogs are the only ones we see, these are great as is the duo sleeping in your chair. did not know about Gaga and Fibro. love the painted wrapping paper
Liz A. said…
So sorry you're in pain. I hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, we in CA don't get much of an actual fall. Nice of you to send reminders.

I have not heard about the Hobby Lobby thing. Considering how atrocious they are anyway, why have an issue over cotton? There's much more to rail against with them.
Rhodesia said…
Hope you feel better soon, I feel so sorry for anyone who is in pain. Take care Diane
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh Pam, San Diego is southern California, and that's why your son didn't experience the Autumn right away. Autumn comes a bit later down south than northern California, where I live. Autumns up north are very pretty. I do hope you feel better soon with your illness. That must be so hard to bear. Thinking of you and sending comforting thoughts.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom